Renting Rav4 EV??

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSki

Prius got rear ended, so that will be in the shop for a while. I have a charging station, so figured, why not rent another Rav4 EV for a few weeks.

I have read people have rented them, but I can't seem to find anywhere to rent them from. Where did you find them?

BSki said:
Prius got rear ended, so that will be in the shop for a while. I have a charging station, so figured, why not rent another Rav4 EV for a few weeks.

I have read people have rented them, but I can't seem to find anywhere to rent them from. Where did you find them?

Where are you? There was/is a dealer in Orange County and one in Ontario, California that rented the Rav4 EV.

I am in Anaheim, so OC would work, could also get out to Ontario.

Who had them? I will contact them.

Yes, and I just returned the one to South Coast Toyota yesterday! 2012 white one. Hums loudly on the freeway! Lol

Must have been you I was waiting to return it. I have the 2012 White one now. Not too bad for $45 a day and no gas.

Now I have two 2012 Blizzard Pearl Rav4 EVs in my garage.

Sounds like my Prius is totaled. Need to figure out a new long range car for trips. Leaning toward the Ford plugin. 21mile electric, then 44 MPG. Not bad for a 4 door.

BSki said:
Must have been you I was waiting to return it. I have the 2012 White one now. Not too bad for $45 a day and no gas.

Now I have two 2012 Blizzard Pearl Rav4 EVs in my garage.

Sounds like my Prius is totaled. Need to figure out a new long range car for trips. Leaning toward the Ford plugin. 21mile electric, then 44 MPG. Not bad for a 4 door.

Lease a second Rav4 and rent a Suburban for long trips with all the money you saved.

That is a thought Tony, will run that by the boss. Was thinking of looking at the Fusion plugin as a second car.

There is something wrong with this Rav4 EV I rented. When I go over 40mph, there is a whine. I thought a scooter was near me and I looked around for it.

My Rav4 is silent even at 70+

I will make sure to mention this to the guy when I turn it in.

BSki said:
There is something wrong with this Rav4 EV I rented. When I go over 40mph, there is a whine. I thought a scooter was near me and I looked around for it.

My Rav4 is silent even at 70+

I will make sure to mention this to the guy when I turn it in.

Same problem with my car, and others. Most of use have gotten a new motor by now that had the problem. I informed Toyota's head of the Rav4 EV program about that specific car.

BSki said:

We are pretty happy with a Chevy Volt plus the RAV4 EV. The Volt is a nice 4 door (albeit 4 seat) hatchback sedan with great engineering and decent cargo space. We have been driving it on 80% electric power since we got it in December, including a ~700 mi road trip.

Volt looks nice, but its just so small. With a baby seat in the back, that front passenger seat will not be usable.

I like the Volt and I bet its fun to drive though.

Will take a look at the Volt, Accord plug in, and the Fusion Plug in.

Back