Is there a useful way to search on this site?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnolddeleon

I was pretty sure there was thread on charge timer failures. When I tried searching for "charge timer failure" I get an error that words are too common. I'm not sure if that is a sad commentary on the car or the forum software.

arnold

arnolddeleon said:
I was pretty sure there was thread on charge timer failures. When I tried searching for "charge timer failure" I get an error that words are too common. I'm not sure if that is a sad commentary on the car or the forum software.

arnold
I have had the same issue... I think it's the poor search function of this forum software.

TonyWilliams said:
In Google:

site:www.myrav4ev.com "thing searching for"
Not sure what you are trying to say... plugging the above in google just brings me back to this thread.

I have used many forum search features over the years and this place has to have the poorest search feature of any I have tried.

Lol. Tony meant search in google, but add the phrase site:myrav4ev.com to restrict the search to just this website (instead of the entire Internet).

AvLegends said:
TonyWilliams said:
In Google:

site:www.myrav4ev.com "thing searching for"
Not sure what you are trying to say... plugging the above in google just brings me back to this thread.

I have used many forum search features over the years and this place has to have the poorest search feature of any I have tried.

Using Google, in the search box, type in:

site:www.myrav4ev.com

and after that whatever thing you may be searching for. If you put it in quotes, it will search for that exact phrase, otherwise it will look for any of the words.

So, my Google search for RED PIZZA BOX on this site would look like this:

site:www.myrav4ev.com "RED PIZZA BOX"

If I just typed in:

site:www.myrav4ev.com red pizza box

I would get every result of a post with red, then pizza, then box.

Thanks!

So what you are saying is to search thru google?

I have always used the search button at the top of the forum web page.

I'll use the method you describe with this site here.

Back