GOT REAR-ENDED LAST THURSDAY ON HWY 50

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassman

Well it happened. Got rear-ended last Thursday after work on westbound Hwy 50 by Watt Avenue. Stop and go traffic, got hit by a young girl in an older 4-Runner at about 5 miles an hour. Damaged the bumper and the lower right corner of the swing out door. Took the car to Folsom Lake Toyota Collision Center (The body shop at the dealer I bought the Rav4 EV from) and got a Silver Rav4 EV for a rental. Hopefully have my Rav back by next Friday. :cry:

What a bummer, sorry to hear about your accident. Luckily she wasn't going any faster. Hope the repairs goes well.

The car is suppose to be ready by next week, but the dealer body shop called me this morning and I was told they were going to paint some body work . I asked if they were going to bake it and they said yes at 140 dgrees for about 45 minutes. I told them they had better not as that would ruin the batteries. Luckily I talked with them. They are now going to paint and bake the pieces while off of the vehicle. Close call. I told them baking the car with the lithium batteries still in the car would damage them and would be a very expensive mistake. :eek:

Glenn sorry to hear about your ride getting bashed. Thats awful. But thanks for telling us about the baking thing. I wouldn't have thought of that...

BTW i'm the person who asked you about driving the Rav4EV up to Volcano and now i do it every other weekend. Its a blast driving an EV on those mountain roads :) I can go 10mph faster than in my Pathfinder, easy.

I took my vehicle "offroad" up there for the first time last weekend (went to a local "shooting spot" to squeeze off some rounds) and it was a bit offroad. Handled well. I was a little worried becuase it isnt actually 4WD like a "regular" Rav4, but the FWD handled it nicely.

Back