Dash trim rattle resolved

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vips

Hello,
Some folks had noticed, like myself, a rattle emitting from the dash trim above the cluster gauges.
Took the car today for 5K service and the technician fix the rattle. He said that it seems like a manf issue and had to put some insulation tape on the bracket clips on the darker black trim that fits in into the dash.

This seems to be resolved the rattle issue.
The car was serviced at Fremont Toyota by Donnie who was a pleasure to work with at the dealership. The adviser as always were just there to push paperwork.

Thanks for the feedback. Are you still enjoying the silence or did the rattle come back since the fix?

I had the exact same rattle in mine... was driving me absolutely crazy! Local dealer also applied a foam tape "kit" and have had no further issue with the rattle. Approximately 6 months now.

Great to know those solutions has helped both of you. I'll head over Fremont Toyota as I had Stevens Creek take a first pass at a fix and my rattle came back within the month.

Thanks again

EVme -

If it helps, here is the text from my repair order... Note the repair "kit" they used. (This was completed on April 4 and continues to be noise free).

CUSTOMER REPORTS ~|~A SQUEAK TOP LEFT OF INSTRUMENT PANEL / BETWEEN DA SH PAD AND DASH TRIM ~|~FOUND INCORRECT CLEARANCE IN RETAINER CLIPS OF INS TRUMENT CLUSTER COVER ~|~TEST DROVE VEHICLE & VERIFIED CUSTOMERS COMPLAINT. REMOVED INSTRUMENT PANEL COVER & FOUND INPROPER CL EARANCE IN RETAINING CLIPS. INSTALLED FOAM TAPE TO INSIDE PANEL & REINSTALLED. TEST DROVE AFTER REPA IR & FOUND NO MORE NOISES AT THIS TIME.

NAME PART # QTY
NOISE KIT 0823100801 1

Much appreciated, I'll be sure to let the local tech know!

spkobay said:
EVme -

If it helps, here is the text from my repair order... Note the repair "kit" they used. (This was completed on April 4 and continues to be noise free).

CUSTOMER REPORTS ~|~A SQUEAK TOP LEFT OF INSTRUMENT PANEL / BETWEEN DA SH PAD AND DASH TRIM ~|~FOUND INCORRECT CLEARANCE IN RETAINER CLIPS OF INS TRUMENT CLUSTER COVER ~|~TEST DROVE VEHICLE & VERIFIED CUSTOMERS COMPLAINT. REMOVED INSTRUMENT PANEL COVER & FOUND INPROPER CL EARANCE IN RETAINING CLIPS. INSTALLED FOAM TAPE TO INSIDE PANEL & REINSTALLED. TEST DROVE AFTER REPA IR & FOUND NO MORE NOISES AT THIS TIME.

NAME PART # QTY
NOISE KIT 0823100801 1

Back