Entune stats

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madcow

Did anyone notice last month that for over 1 week, there was some RAV4 EV that had CRAZY stats? I want to say that the mi/kWh was over 40 or something? Was someone gaming the system?

Does anyone know how Entune collects, or how often it collects it's data? Is it just automatically updated each time you drive the car? For a while, I was trying to drive the car as efficiently as possible, but I've all but given up. I have a short commute and so my numbers aren't going to be very good since I'm mostly in short stop and go situations. I average around 2.4 and my wife (who has a longer commute and who drives it when I'm away) averages around 4. It sucks that she can drive it more efficiently than I can. The car is also way too fun not to drive it like a sports car. I find myself accelerating hard just for the hell of it. It's the most fun to drive car I've ever had and I know most of you are going to think that I must have had some boring cars (yes).

I am referring to the app on my iPhone. There is an icon in the program called ECO Dashboard and it shows lots of different things like EV Efficiency of the last drive, ECO Driving Score, and how you compare against other drivers for the month.

I was the TOP in June 2013 !!

image-2.jpg

This is exactly what I saw for quite some time. How in the world did you get so many miles per kWh??? I thought for sure that this was some kind of error. Did you drive down a steep mountain and then leave your car there?

madcow said:
This is exactly what I saw for quite some time. How in the world did you get so many miles per kWh??? I thought for sure that this was some kind of error. Did you drive down a steep mountain and then leave your car there?

If you're talking about my "RuvMyRav" in June 2013, I drove 3500 miles from San Diego to Canada, and returned. Sorry, it wasn't one simple stunt!!!

http://www.AllElectricVehicleRally.org

Tony Williams drives to school TWO miles, thru the snow, downhill both ways....

PS: you may never see my car there in the stats!!
88 is my middle name!!! :shock:

TonyWilliams said:
madcow said:

If you're talking about my "RuvMyRav" in June 2013, I drove 3500 miles from San Diego to Canada, and returned. Sorry, it wasn't one simple stunt!!!

http://www.AllElectricVehicleRally.org

Tony, no, I'm talking about the picture you posted. RAV4 EV 03838, with a whopping 51.8miles/kWh.

I'm not sure how the stats get recorded/posted, etc. I mean, when I drive to work (mostly downhill) 4 miles away, I average between 6 and 8miles/kWh. However, I pay for it on the way back home and it brings my average way down.

How in the world could someone average 51.8 for a long enough time to be reported, unless they were driving down Mt. Everest??

madcow said:
Tony, no, I'm talking about the picture you posted. RAV4 EV 03838, with a whopping 51.8miles/kWh.

That's obviously not possible without rolling down a hill.

I get 99.9 every morning from my house... downhill. If I turned the car off at the bottom of the hill each time, I'm sure I could beat a measly 51.8...

I got wiped off Entunes somehow. Was down in San Diego at a conference for 8 days last week. Would have been great to hook up with some of Rav4 contingent down in SD but I saw you were all driving to Temucula last weekend. As an aside I visited friends in the Pacific Beach area and drove by Mossy Toyota... that's where many of you got your Ravs, right? At any rate when I got back to Davis I this morning noticed that all my Entune iPhone apps were missing. Car is fine, battery fine, but Entunes just went haywire. Called Toyota today to get the account up again because even my Safety Connect account was deleted. Up and running again but Entunes definitely has some issues.

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes the Entunes report on your phone for "Last Drive" is wildly inaccurate, but that the Miles per kWh average listed in the Summary under EV Efficiency seems to be more or less correct. I have noticed a couple of people listed with an average EV efficiency at 10 or more miles per kWh, and boy do I wish that was correct. I'd love nothing more than getting 400+ miles per charge on our batteries. Maybe someday....

In the mean time here's a recent example of an Entunes "Last Drive" report that is just way, way off. My guess is that sometimes the instantaneous miles per kWh at the moment you shut the car down is reported instead of the actual mpk for that last drive. So if you were coasting to a stop and then shut down that could possibly be in the tens of miles per kWh.....

EntunesBS_zps26613f6a.jpg

As far as your original question, I know that Entune keeps a record of your total miles driven and efficiency each day, and also the "last drive" information which is updated each time you stop. There's that "Eco score" crap too, but I don't pay any attention to that. As to the strange numbers, who knows? It could be someone taking one trip downhill then not driving the car for the rest of the month, or it could be caused by intermittent cell phone service, or something just going haywire in the car. My Entune record actually seems to be quite accurate, which is one pleasant surprise coming from the Leaf and its laughable Carwings stats.

Back