Could this cause your 12v battery to run down?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

occ

So tonight I inadvertently went into my garage, and before I turned on the garage light, I saw a dull yellow glow inside my Rav4ev. My kids must have left a door open or something....

Checking all the doors, nothing was open, but definitely a light source of some sort, on the ceiling, near the front, on the passenger side. It was the sun visor mirror light! And it was on since I last parked the car in the afternoon (the light was hot, so I knew it's been on all this time). Apparently, you can leave it on if the visor mirror sliding door is left open, and the visor is in the "down" position. I remember my son was playing with the visor when I picked him up from school this afternoon, and he must have left the mirror door opened. Of course, no one noticed the visor light being on after getting out of the car in the bright afternoon light.

So a reminder to those who are thinking of leaving the Rav4ev for long period of time to check the visor vanity ceiling light, both sides.

Back