Replacement Key Fob

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wackysoft

So within 3 weeks of getting my RAV4 EV, I'm pretty sure I lost one of the two keyfobs. Any idea where/how to get a new one? Is it something that has to come from the dealer, or can I get a replacement from a locksmith? Any idea on cost?

I have heard the wireless key fob is around $200-250.00. I would think the dealer is the place to get one. Good luck!

Not long after getting the Rav I was sure I had lost my 2nd fob too, and I even started shopping for a new one, but then I found it! So don't give up yet. Going to the dealer for a replacement would probably be the easiest route, but also the most costly. You can probably get a cheaper one on ebay or similar and get it programmed to your car, but that might take a lot of legwork.

Good luck!

Once you realize it's about $400 to replace with the laser cut key, the programming, and the fob, you look harder.
I have my 2nd one stashed away with my valuables and important papers.

wackysoft said:
Found it in the pocket of some work pants I had hung back up a couple weeks ago!

Back