Electric Utility Time of Use program signup dissatisfaction

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crxpilot

Just trying to get some perspective here. I have tried signing up multiple times with NV Energy for their electric vehicle Time of Use program. I submitted all information, gave a copy of my dmv registration, and already have a smart meter. The problem is I cannot get any farther than the web submission. If I call their 800 number I get someone who knows nothing of the program and definitely cannot tell me where my request stands. I even tried visiting their building where the supposed Time of Use Administrator is but cant get past Barney Fife at the front desk, and without a name he cant ring anyone. He tried calling up to someone else and they had no idea about the program. I even went ahead and resubmitted all the information and faxed the registration with a request for acknowledgement and still got nothing. I don't know if this is isolated to NV Energy as they are not as EV friendly as say California or just my bad luck but I have filed a complaint now with the Public Utilities Commission. How long did it take you to set up a Time of Use rate with your utility?

All it took for me was a phone call to PG&E that took less than 5 minutes. They have a dedicated phone number for the electric vehicle program - 1-877-743-7782 A real person answered after 2 rings and just asked a few quick questions about the account and the car. No proof or documentation necessary.

http://www.pge.com/electricvehicles/

NV Energy is a tough one, they just got bought out. You might try the state regulators, but in NV that's a crap shoot. You could always try Mid-America Energy who bought them, or Berkshire Hathaway the ultimate owner.

I had an issue with SCE 9 months ago when I wanted to sign up for TOU. I had done the analysis and knew I was going to benefit but they insisted on doing a study which showed I would only save $1 per month and send the review to me with the denial letter. I immediately called and told them that I was bringing on solar and had been charging an EV for the last two month. I told the person that regardless of their recomendation, I wanted TOU and it took almost another month for it to appear on my bill. I subsequently moved to TOU-EV and that is another long story.

As srl99 suggested, I would call the public utility commission.

Back