2012 RAV-4 Hard Transmission Downshifts

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMY

Has anyone experienced problems when transitioning to a steep hill and the transmission shifts down from second gear to first?

My 2012 RAV-4 will experience a very hard downshift only when in a certain scenario. That is cruising at arterial speed of around 25 - 30MPH and then I transition to a very steep hill and as the car decelerates and I come on the accelerator the car will shift down to 1st gear in a very noticeable thump and slight bump of the car.

I only have 9000 miles on the car and the problem has occurred for some time. Finally took the car to the Toyota dealership to look into this specific problem. Before even looking at the vehicle the service manager tried to out technical speak with me that this was not an issue. I still insisted they look at it. After the inspection they said the transmission fluid was low a half quart and no other issues. The transmission still exhibits the same problem in the unique hill downshift.

Has anyone heard of issues with the newer RAV-4's transmissions experiencing hard downshifts?

Thanks

You have the wrong forum. The Rav4 EV doesn't shift and or have gears because it has an electric engine.

Try http://www.rav4world.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back