Ok this is getting annoying, toyota service is horrible

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossie1600

Ok this is getting f ing annoying. I have been trying to get my 5000 miles service done. First dealership cancelled my appointment last minute because they have no tech, they couldn't tell me that two weeks before when I made the appointment? The second one I made an appointment, but they wanted me to wait 30 min for a stupid shuttle ride. The third one was worst, I could t even get written up because there were 10 cars in line. I was waiting on the street before I could even get in. I don't freaking get this. People make enough money in this area, how do they deal with these horrible companies who treat you like you are taking an order at mcdonalds. It is absolutely terrible. I wasted 3 hours of my time for a 45 min tire rotation. Arggggg

San freaking jose. Most people here are bright busy smart, why do we continue to be treated like a moron at these stupid businesses. Now I understand why I paid 20k more to have my lexus

Palo Alto. I made an appointment online two weeks prior to my service request. They called me the morning of the appointment and told me they have no tech working Saturday. They didn't even make an offer to reschedule.

Sunnyvale. I made an appointment for 11:15, expecting to be out within 2 hours. I got there around 10:50, the line was out to El Camino. I waited till 11, line didn't move so I left. There had to be at least 8 cars in line to get written up, if not more.

Capitol in SJ. They didn't even know what EV certified mean.

Milpitas. I made an appointment for 9, showed up at 9, then they told me no shuttle would be available until 9:30 when I confirmed with them at 8:30. The woman who took me in was also extremely rude. So she is pissed off at me because I have to take my car in for service? Sorry for bringing you guys business.

I really miss my Lexus service at Putnam. In and out with a loaner car within 15 minutes. You can't even get written up in 15 minutes at Toyota for crying out loud. Heck, most places took over 10 minutes to even make an appointment on the phone.

I just moved here from the northeast a few months ago. I hate to say it, but do you guys in Nor Cal just put up with $hit like this? I know people in Nor Cal are layback people, but I can't believe you pay $100/hr and get treated like you owe them something. It's not like receiving bad service at McDonalds where you sort of get what you paid for. It's not just car dealership. In general I see tons of lines everywhere. I understand places like DMV where there are city/state workers, but to see that from private businesses is crazy to me. Oh yeah after not being able to service my car, I went to a local bank of america where they had 3 tellers for 15 customers in line!!!!!!

(This all before I ever had an EV and my EV is a Leaf.)
Long ago, I recall hearing bad things about Palo Alto Toyota. They're nowhere near home nor work anyway (were ok distance from my previous work but in the wrong direction to go home), so I have no reason to go there.

Sunnyvale - They've been fine w/me but I haven't been there in a long time. I also bought my 06 Prius from them new.

Capitol in SJ - They've been ok w/me as well. They're the closest to where I live.

As for shuttles, unfortunately, it's the luck of the draw w/all of them. I've never thought to ask them ahead of time about shuttle availability other than whether it's available that day and if it's 1 or 2 way. I just have to wait until the shuttle comes back or is ready to leave...

Unfortunately, I've sometimes endured pretty long waits to be written up for service at both Nissan and Toyota dealers.

Well... all I can say is my dealership, DCH Toyota of Oxnard has been First Class with both sales and service. Service is the best I have ever received and I am treated like royalty every time I go in. It seems most of the guys in the service dept. recognize me when I show up with the EV (I have to admit the car has been in for warranty a few times, they probably shudder and say "Oh No, not this guy again, LOL). Even personally greeted by the service manager, Chris Case whenever I stick my head in the service department. This is not just me as I have heard the same from other customers. The service lines are short as the service porters are putting plastic on the seats and driving off before you even talk to the advisor. I have even come in with a loaner and have had to keep the key in my pocket to keep them from driving it off to the service bays, lol!

DCH Toyota of Oxnard has two EV certified techs and I have never been told I can't come in for service because nobody was available to work on the car.

When I have had the EV in for service/warranty work my service advisor, Bob Cobos calls me regularly with updates. The first time my EV was in for the gateway ECU problem the GM, Steve Chapman was walking by and greeted me personally. He ask how things were going and told the service advisor to "give me whatever I wanted" for a loaner... including gas.

DCH Toyota of Oxnard has been First Class every step of the way as a dealership with customer service. Not all Toyota dealerships are created equal! I highly recommend them whenever I can!

I wish DCH of Simi had the same management. I had very poor experiences with my Prius here and would not have gone back if not the included maintenance on my Rav and proximity to my home. Their service is 3rd class at best and I'll consider going to Oxnard Toyota for my next service. 45 minute drive.

DCH Simi sales had no knowledge of the RAVEV and i pretty much had to explain everything to the salesperson about how the car worked. The negotiating and finance was very easy, I will admit.

Their service department probably hates me and I'm not fond of them, as their lack of customer service is appalling. It seems like they have never been trained on the EV cars at all despite being EV certified..

mhkp said:
I wish DCH of Simi had the same management. I had very poor experiences with my Prius here and would not have gone back if not the included maintenance on my Rav and proximity to my home. Their service is 3rd class at best and I'll consider going to Oxnard Toyota for my next service. 45 minute drive.

I think they are sister dealerships but under different management teams. I don't think the service shuttle will go out to Simi Valley though.

If you go ask for service advisor Bob Cobos. Tell him I sent you and I said he would take care of you. Have Suniel (sp?) work on your vehicle. First class EV tech.

i would say first off if you think you are going to be in and out of a dealship to get your 5000 mile checkup in two hours, you already setting yourself up for dissapointment.

Stevens Creek Toyota, while they are alweays nice and gave me a great deal on my Rav4ev, you are right, the service area is always over crowded. But I would never do anything at a dealership service department other than driop off 1st thing 7:00 m, anything else is crazy.

Lastely Trade it in for a lexus then !!!, do you really expect payless shoe store to treat you the same as Nordstroms?????? of course not, so don't compare toyota to lexus.

cossie1600 said:
I hate to say it, but do you guys in Nor Cal just put up with $hit like this? I know people in Nor Cal are layback people, but I can't believe you pay $100/hr and get treated like you owe them something. It's not like receiving bad service at McDonalds where you sort of get what you paid for. It's not just car dealership. In general I see tons of lines everywhere. I understand places like DMV where there are city/state workers, but to see that from private businesses is crazy to me. Oh yeah after not being able to service my car, I went to a local bank of america where they had 3 tellers for 15 customers in line!!!!!!

Yeah, and we're use to it! And at Christmas time its all that much worse because of the reduced hours the service depts are open. And to add insult to injury, if all we put up with is not enough, you're gonna get a CSS (customer satisfaction survey) afterwards. The dealership "service" people will take it as a huge black mark on their name if you don't give them PERFECT marks across the board. Even an almost perfect is not good enough for them. They say that anything less than perfect marks is still considered hugely bad. But, if you downgrade them in ANY area of their service, as you should if their services was in any way deficient, they WILL HOLD IT AGAINST YOU! Then, their service (to you) will probably just get worse!

I have NEVER receive perfect service anywhere, anytime, any place, especially from any car dealerships!

branstone said:
i would say first off if you think you are going to be in and out of a dealship to get your 5000 mile checkup in two hours, you already setting yourself up for dissapointment.

Stevens Creek Toyota, while they are alweays nice and gave me a great deal on my Rav4ev, you are right, the service area is always over crowded. But I would never do anything at a dealership service department other than driop off 1st thing 7:00 m, anything else is crazy.

Lastely Trade it in for a lexus then !!!, do you really expect payless shoe store to treat you the same as Nordstroms?????? of course not, so don't compare toyota to lexus.

So wait, dropping $100/hr to get service by these monkey is too unreasonable?

Back