Cover for RAV4EV

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldman

Toyota does not make a cover to fit the EV. Does anyone have any experience? suggestion? for a cover. I do not have a carport or garage.

oldman said:
Toyota does not make a cover to fit the EV. Does anyone have any experience? suggestion? for a cover. I do not have a carport or garage.

A cover for the regular RAV4 should work just fine.

The only difference betwen a 2012 Rav4 (gas) cover and the Rav4EV would be space for the tire on the back. However i cant imagine that would make the 2012 cover not fit on the Rav4EV.

Btw. i bought car covers before from Covercraft before and they make excellent car covers.

I am extremely happy with the Coverking car cover I purchased for my 2013 RAV4EV. I got it thru Coscto.com for $149. It is highly customized for the RAV4. I spoke with the factory and they assured me that it would fit my RAV4EV (they supplied me the cover made for 2011 model because I explained the origin of our RAV4s). Even though I explained the spoiler was longer and no rear-mounted spare, they said they had produced one for the EV version and it would fit. It has a pocket for the antenna (the antenna pocket will accommodate a shark's fin if you change over to a shark's fin antenna) and side mirror pockets. The elastic seems very strong. I have not had any problems with wind blowing the cover off (however, I have not experienced extremely heavy winds to date).

Coverking manufactures the covers in the USA, at their Anaheim, California factory.

I have been able to plug the RAV4EV in while the car cover is in place without issue.

When I put the cover on the EV, it fits very well. However, I will say that I can tell it was made for the shorter rear spoiler (by looking at the seems) but it truly does not matter. It really fits great! I think it is an extremely great value for the money. It is very well made, has Costco behind it, looks good, fits well, and comes with a storage bag and lock/cable at no additional charge.

Good luck on your quest.

Back