Entune App - Pandora and iHeart Radio No sound

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shade

OK, so I am using Entune on a iPhone 5 running iOS 7. When my phone is physically plugged in to the EV I can launch both Pandora and iHeart Radio, but there is no sound. Pandora shows me the song that it is supposedly playing, but no sound. Any ideas?

I can play music from iTunes through both Bluetooth or direct iPod connect. But no matter what, I can't get any sound out of Pandora or iHeart.

Same thing happen to me. I was trying to play music via blue tooth as well as direct hookup. I recall that the Rav4 has a pause and play as does the iPhone. So try playing with those to see if it then starts playing. Also when I would go from blue tooth to direct hookup the music would stop until I hit play again. Hope that helps a bit.

The same thing happened to me. Took the car to the dealer, and they found a hidden software volume control that they adjested to give me sound. Sorry, I can't remember where it was. Hopefully someone else on the Forum knows.

If you connect the iPhone to the USB port on your car, the iPhone will switch from Bluetooth (CAR MULTIMEDIA I think is called) to playing sound through the USB port.
You can bring up the Control Center screen (slide up) and re-select CAR MULTIMEDIA as the sound playing device.

Personally I don't use that USB port. I found that charging is extremely slow with it.

I use a cigarette lighter charger...and you don't have to worry about your phone switching

Ditto. I used to use the car's USB port for music (iPod mode) and charging. The charging is too slow (0.5A) and the sound quality on Bluetooth is indistinguishable. My 2.1A lighter adapter is WAY better. The only thing that bugs me is that the phone sometimes does not continue playing the last app source when you turn the car on. It frequently defaults back to the Music app instead of Podcasts, Pandora, etc. that was last used. I think this has to do with what you have done on the phone between car connections because the last playing app was kicked out of the active phone memory by other apps.

Back