Safety connect

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossie1600

With the 3 year lease expiring, has anyone purchase the safety connect subscription in order to stay connected with the car?

Nope. I did not renew. I barely ever use any of its features. The only thing I miss a little is the traffic on the map. It was nice to see on bigger screen than my phone. They kept calling me for about a month. So you might be able to negotiate a better deal.

It's about $12 a month, not worth it to me. I used it less than once a month, I guess if you used it daily it would be worth the price.

My car was not leased but purchased. I paid for 5 more years of SafetyConnect because it is needed for RavCharge and I think the utility provided by that 3rd party telematics app is worth the money. The 5 year renewal has a slight discount and the unused portion is refundable.

The non-telematics features of SafetyConnect are more like insurance - they only have value if and when you actually need them.
- SOS Emergency Assistance Dispatch
- Stolen Vehicle Locator
- Roadside Assistance
- Automatic Collision Notification

miimura said:
My car was not leased but purchased. I paid for 5 more years of SafetyConnect because it is needed for RavCharge and I think the utility provided by that 3rd party telematics app is worth the money. The 5 year renewal has a slight discount and the unused portion is refundable.

The non-telematics features of SafetyConnect are more like insurance - they only have value if and when you actually need them.
- Stolen Vehicle Locator
- Roadside Assistance

How much did it cost?

fusiondynamics said:
miimura said:

- Stolen Vehicle Locator
- Roadside Assistance
How much did it cost?
Regular price is $139.95/year. Buying 4 years was $515, so $128.75/year

Back