Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Battery light on!!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:34 am
Posts: 4
Hi, I have a problem with RAV4.
I have 12V battery signal all the time on (small read battery on the speedometer) I am not sure that it is for a 12v system malfunction.
I had some problems with the main battery (contactors was replaced) no faults in the Tesla system side, but light still lights on all the time.

Does anybody experience that light on? What does this light stand for?

Thank you!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battery light on!!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 3997
Location: San Diego
stradivaria wrote:
Hi, I have a problem with RAV4.
I have 12V battery signal all the time on (small read battery on the speedometer) I am not sure that it is for a 12v system malfunction.
I had some problems with the main battery (contactors was replaced) no faults in the Tesla system side, but light still lights on all the time.

Does anybody experience that light on? What does this light stand for?

Thank you!!!!


The DC to DC converter may have failed. Turn the car to READY (ON), and use a voltmeter to measure 14 volts (plus or minus 0.5 volts) on the 12 volt battery.

If you have 12.7 volts or less, the DC to DC has failed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battery light on!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:34 am
Posts: 4
It is charging, I have measured 14,3V in Ready modus.

Is this light stands for 12V system or for HV system faults?




TonyWilliams wrote:
stradivaria wrote:
Hi, I have a problem with RAV4.
I have 12V battery signal all the time on (small read battery on the speedometer) I am not sure that it is for a 12v system malfunction.
I had some problems with the main battery (contactors was replaced) no faults in the Tesla system side, but light still lights on all the time.

Does anybody experience that light on? What does this light stand for?

Thank you!!!!


The DC to DC converter may have failed. Turn the car to READY (ON), and use a voltmeter to measure 14 volts (plus or minus 0.5 volts) on the 12 volt battery.

If you have 12.7 volts or less, the DC to DC has failed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battery light on!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:13 pm
Posts: 1709
Location: Los Altos, CA
stradivaria wrote:
It is charging, I have measured 14,3V in Ready modus.

Is this light stands for 12V system or for HV system faults?


Image

I think this should answer your question.

_________________
2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battery light on!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 3997
Location: San Diego
Have you done a load test on the existing 12 V battery?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
cron
© Toyota Rav4 EV Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group