Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Check EV light
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:41 pm 

I have a 2014 Rav4 EV with 49K miles. Mid December Check EV light goes on. Brought it to a local Toyota dealer and was advised that the starter battery and battery coolant needs to be replaced. Spent $500 for that. Then 2 weeks later, the Check EV light went on again and car stalled while driving. It has been 6 weeks now and the dealer says it is taking time to get feedback from Tesla to understand the diagnostic codes. Last week they replaced the computer gateway and they are now testing it making sure EV light doesn't come on again.

This experience is unheard of. I've never had a car in the shop for more than a month. Anyone experience this? Thanks. :?

Post subject: Re: Check EV light
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:48 pm 

gt7 wrote:
I have a 2014 Rav4 EV with 49K miles. Mid December Check EV light goes on. Brought it to a local Toyota dealer and was advised that the starter battery and battery coolant needs to be replaced. Spent $500 for that. Then 2 weeks later, the Check EV light went on again and car stalled while driving. It has been 6 weeks now and the dealer says it is taking time to get feedback from Tesla to understand the diagnostic codes. Last week they replaced the computer gateway and they are now testing it making sure EV light doesn't come on again.

This experience is unheard of. I've never had a car in the shop for more than a month. Anyone experience this? Thanks. :?

Unfortunately, this is relatively common with the RAV4 EV. Diagnostic times can be long for the shops that don't do a lot of these cars. Parts supply can affect all dealers. Recent reports indicate that DC-DC converters are out of stock and people have been waiting weeks for them.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:18 am 

Unfortunately this is not uncommon, but some dealers are a little better than others.

Are you located within or outside of California? Have you opened a service case with Toyota Corporate customer service? 800-331-4331

3.2 kW Solar PV system

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:10 pm 

gt7 wrote:
... It has been 6 weeks now and the dealer says it is taking time to get feedback from Tesla to understand the diagnostic codes. Last week they replaced the computer gateway and they are now testing it making sure EV light doesn't come on again.

Hi, Let me known Tesla Alert Codes that readet from Electric Propulsion System, and tomorrow I'ill send Description to it.

Since the past diagnostics and repairs were paid for by you, are there any results of the checks and diagnostics performed, on the basis of which the blocks and the other were replaced?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:33 am 

P312F is the generic code for a problem with the Tesla drivetrain (and not a Toyota part).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:18 am 

TonyWilliams wrote:
P312F is the generic code for a problem with the Tesla drivetrain (and not a Toyota part).
Respected Tony, I'm sorry, but DTC P312F is Manufacturer-specific codes.
E.g. http://p312f-volkswagen.autotroublecode.com/
Generic DTCs (P series) is P0xxx, P2xxx, P34xx-P39xx

Last edited by alflash on Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:42 pm 

alflash wrote:
TonyWilliams wrote:
Generic DTCs (P serios) is P0xxx, P2xxx, P34xx-P39xx

I’m not sure what we are differing about!?!?

Yes, P312F is Tesla (and auto manufacturer) DTC for a problem with the Tesla portion of the Toyota RAV4 EV.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:47 am 

TonyWilliams wrote:
alflash wrote:
TonyWilliams wrote:
Generic DTCs (P series) is P0xxx, P2xxx, P34xx-P39xx
I’m not sure what we are differing about!?!?
Yes, P312F is Tesla (and auto manufacturer) DTC for a problem with the Tesla portion of the Toyota RAV4 EV.
Hi,
Tony, I objected only to the fact that it is "generic" DTC, but otherwise totally agree ))

Off.
Data Stream of RAV4EV when charging from 40 ampere Charger (video) https://youtu.be/MoTVsWz1EQg
Coolant Air Purge after Replacing Water Pump No.3 (video) https://youtu.be/JpTVJ-i6GCk