Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Traction Battery - Volts, Amps & SOC%, kWh, Rated Range
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:51 pm
Posts: 621
Trouble is by the time a new battery is needed due to loss of capacity I probably just want a new car for the price.
Have to see when the time comes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traction Battery - Volts, Amps & SOC%, kWh, Rated Range
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 4075
Location: San Diego
smkettner wrote:
Trouble is by the time a new battery is needed due to loss of capacity I probably just want a new car for the price.
Have to see when the time comes.


Oh, I'm quite confident any new, long range battery will be FAR lower cost than an equivalent RAV4 EV replacement car.

Plus, if you don't want the car, somebody else will. It won't just disappear.

_________________
Tony Williams
QC Charge
1780-104 La Costa Meadows Drive
San Marcos, California 92078 USA
tony@QCcharge.com
www.QCcharge.com
Twitter: QCPower
1-844-EV-PARTS
1-844-387-2787
1-760-798-0342 Office
Hours M-F, 9-5 Pacific Time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traction Battery - Volts, Amps & SOC%, kWh, Rated Range
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 4:44 am
Posts: 60
TonyWilliams wrote:
smkettner wrote:
Trouble is by the time a new battery is needed due to loss of capacity I probably just want a new car for the price.
Have to see when the time comes.


Oh, I'm quite confident any new, long range battery will be FAR lower cost than an equivalent RAV4 EV replacement car.

Plus, if you don't want the car, somebody else will. It won't just disappear.


Seems to me the $13K out of warranty repair danger for the motor/computer issues will never go away and could put a big damper on someone wanting the car later.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traction Battery - Volts, Amps & SOC%, kWh, Rated Range
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:51 pm
Posts: 621
What do the cells cost? I see $6 but probably less for 4,416. Still $26,496 or even half that would be a lot to spend on an EV with iffy reliability.
I assume these are special for Tesla that are unprotected. Are they even available?
Assembly and swap would have to be another $2,000+?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traction Battery - Volts, Amps & SOC%, kWh, Rated Range
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 4075
Location: San Diego
ground_gainer wrote:
TonyWilliams wrote:
smkettner wrote:
Trouble is by the time a new battery is needed due to loss of capacity I probably just want a new car for the price.
Have to see when the time comes.


Oh, I'm quite confident any new, long range battery will be FAR lower cost than an equivalent RAV4 EV replacement car.

Plus, if you don't want the car, somebody else will. It won't just disappear.


Seems to me the $13K out of warranty repair danger for the motor/computer issues will never go away and could put a big damper on someone wanting the car later.


Why does the car have $13k in repairs? That's not what it will cost to put new bearings in the motor, for example. The other bits can likely all come from a salvage car, or a Model S. The cabin heater is shared with the plentiful Nissan LEAF.

_________________
Tony Williams
QC Charge
1780-104 La Costa Meadows Drive
San Marcos, California 92078 USA
tony@QCcharge.com
www.QCcharge.com
Twitter: QCPower
1-844-EV-PARTS
1-844-387-2787
1-760-798-0342 Office
Hours M-F, 9-5 Pacific Time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traction Battery - Volts, Amps & SOC%, kWh, Rated Range
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 4075
Location: San Diego
smkettner wrote:
What do the cells cost? I see $6 but probably less for 4,416. Still $26,496 or even half that would be a lot to spend on an EV with iffy reliability.
I assume these are special for Tesla that are unprotected. Are they even available?
Assembly and swap would have to be another $2,000+?


Nobody will pay that price !!!

_________________
Tony Williams
QC Charge
1780-104 La Costa Meadows Drive
San Marcos, California 92078 USA
tony@QCcharge.com
www.QCcharge.com
Twitter: QCPower
1-844-EV-PARTS
1-844-387-2787
1-760-798-0342 Office
Hours M-F, 9-5 Pacific Time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traction Battery - Volts, Amps & SOC%, kWh
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:49 am
Posts: 620
Location: Ithaca, NY
TonyWilliams wrote:
This isn't available yet, but "next year", I suspect we will make this available to you. Lots of work to do.


Have you done any work on this project Tony? I am looking for options to monitor vehicle and battery stats. Id love something like this, but for EVs.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rque&hl=en

_________________
2014 Rav EV #3364
2012 Plug in Prius

OpenEVSE builds
priuschat.com/threads/my-openevse-build.115573/#post-1647089
Dual voltage, portable 40amp Openevse
myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1013&start=120


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
© Toyota Rav4 EV Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group