No front tow hook mounts

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyWilliams

If you noticed that there aren't tow hook mounts in the front, or even a tow hook in a tool bag, the cheap bastards at Toyota left the hard mounts on the steel bumper, but gave you no access to it through the bumper cover:

1CD03DA3-871F-40D1-BB29-0B7D4C9059FE.jpg

I was looking under the rear a few weeks ago after i couldnt locate the front tow hook and I could see 2 flimsy hooks under each rear wheel. I wanted to pull another car a short distance but it didn't seem safe or possible. I thought the real tow hooks must be hidden. Is there anything you found for the rear other than those sketchy underbuild hooks near the rear tires?

evdrive said:
I was looking under the rear a few weeks ago after i couldnt locate the front tow hook and I could see 2 flimsy hooks under each rear wheel. I wanted to pull another car a short distance but it didn't seem safe or possible. I thought the real tow hooks must be hidden. Is there anything you found for the rear other than those sketchy underbuild hooks near the rear tires?

Put a trailer hitch on...

You know Tony, during the CHAdeMo install maybe you could drill a hole in the front bumper and add a color matched plug. If you can nail the exact spot to drill and have a nice plug this would be a nice, and easy, addition to your fast charge system.

TonyWilliams said:
evdrive said:

Put a trailer hitch on...

Yes, that was my conclusion as well. I'm debating between roof racks or a hitch. I put a hitch on my Leaf and enjoyed putting a bike rack on the back. Much easier than lifting a bike or 4 up to roof racks. When I was rear ended in my leaf at a stoplight last year, by a texting young girl, the bikerack buckled and crushed the rear tailgate but spared the bumper and the car from being totaled. Only $4800 in damage thanks to the hitch and rack.

Only problem is I am running super low on cash with the recent run of transportation related purchases, new bike, new rav4 ev, jdemo deposit :), jlong, Jesla, adaptors haha. Someday

Back