anyone seen "abs error" before ?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fromport

My rav4ev has a "check EV" message.
My closest dealer refuse to even read the error unless I pay $120
Yesterday an ABS error was added

abs_error.jpg

Car drove/braked like normal

I was able to reset that message by disconnecting the 12 volt battery for a minute.

Oh and sport mode is not available as well

sport_mode_error.jpg

Will file a complaint on monday.
I will take the car to another dealer on tuesday

So your dealer is refusing to diagnose an error indicating a problem with a critical safety system unless you pay them? I'd ask for that in writing and then query Toyota USA and ask if that is acceptable to them.

tgreene said:
So your dealer is refusing to diagnose an error indicating a problem with a critical safety system unless you pay them? I'd ask for that in writing and then query Toyota USA and ask if that is acceptable to them.
They claim the JDEMO installation (which is now out) might have "hurt" something.
They want me to pay in case Toyota USA does not reimburse them
they claim they need to charge me 1 hour of the technicians time to plug in the OBD2 connector and run the diagnose check, which all in all should be 5 minutes tops.
ABS is not from tesla, plain toyota product so JDEMO couldn't even had anything to do with that.

I am going to different dealer.
I am curious if they put a warranty block on my car.
In that case I need a good lawyer.

Dealers always blame the unusual. Disconnecting Tony's device gives them less to quibble about.

I always have an amateur radio installed. It does not matter that a relay totally disconnects the radio when off. IT IS STILL BLAMED FOR ALL OF THE CARS ILL'S. I find that removing the power wiring before service helps immensely.

The truth is that warranty service pays so poorly they go to extremes to make the service billable. Right or wrong, that is the real world.

Yes, I had the same error code. I had the heater on in the car warming it up and after 15 minutes or so, I went to put it in drive. It wouldn't drive so I powered it off and on. It then gave the check ABS see dealer immediately code. I powered the car on or off like 10 times. Nothing, wouldn't engage in drive. Shut the car off, waited to the next day. Started up the car, no issues, no error codes.

Took it to the dealer, they couldn't find anything wrong. Several months has passed and no issues.

I am planning to get a new 12v battery which I suspect is the issue.

evdrive said:
Yes, I had the same error code. I had the heater on in the car warming it up and after 15 minutes or so, I went to put it in drive. It wouldn't drive so I powered it off and on. It then gave the check ABS see dealer immediately code. I powered the car on or off like 10 times. Nothing, wouldn't engage in drive. Shut the car off, waited to the next day. Started up the car, no issues, no error codes.

Took it to the dealer, they couldn't find anything wrong. Several months has passed and no issues.

I am planning to get a new 12v battery which I suspect is the issue.

Mine came on while driving.
I had to disconnect the 12V battery to reset the error.
My 12V battery has been replaced about 6 months ago (by the dealer)

If I had installed JDEMO I would have paid the fee deposit with a stipulation to require a copy of the written denial of payment or refund within 45 days.

Back