Q: On RAV4 EV's Energy Monitor & Average Miles/KWh #

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashcow

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if the Average M/KWH number displayed in the energy monitor takes past driving into account? Well, duh, right? It must do so.... I just got my rav4 ev about 4 months ago and I think it reflects the past driver's driving style showing a BEST of 2.7 kWh and Average of 2.2 kWh. Those #s seem pretty low so it makes me wonder if this individual used sport mode all the time? Anyway, I am considering hitting the clear button which I think clears all the previous past history. I just want to know if this is ok to do and if there are any considerations I should take into account before doing so?

Thank you :)

Are you talking about the screen below?

EV_Past_Record_Screen.jpg

The number labeled Average is just for the period since the last time the Update button was pressed. A new bar is created for each Update button press.

There is absolutely no harm is pressing either button. You won't be losing much. I took this picture to show how ridiculous the bar graphing routine is. The bar height is exactly the same from 2.7 to 3.5 miles/kWh. As you can see, sampled monthly, my driving is always in that range, so the historical bars are useless. The Average number is the only useful thing on this screen.

Yes that is the one! You are so close to 3.5! That is such a nice and efficient #. What kind of range do you get with your rav4 ev by any chance?

cashcow said:
Yes that is the one! You are so close to 3.5! That is such a nice and efficient #. What kind of range do you get with your rav4 ev by any chance?
The 3.1 and 3.2 mi/kWh numbers shown in the picture are typical for my driving. The "Best" figure shown is the best bar in the chart. So, I'm not really that close to 3.5mi/kWh.

I can routinely go 125 miles on an Extended Charge at up to 65mph on the freeway. In November I did 105 miles from Los Altos to Dixon with 20 miles remaining on the GOM before I fast charged to go home.

Ever since i resetted mine from our conversaion here I still see 2.2 kwh average per mile on that screen! Wow, I thought it was just the past person who had this sort of rating apparently is all me? Not sure what I am doing wrong. RUn tires at 40psi and last night turned them up to 44 psi. Use neutral just about all the time. 5mph under the speed limit in the city 55or 54mph on fwy sometimes I do alittle less if it is possible.

just.. i carry things INSIDE in my rav :( starting to wonder just how much it all weighs...

help what am I doing wrong?

Back