Roof rails replacement

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossie1600

Hey guys,

My roof rail flew away, I figure it is time to fix it. Does anyone know what parts I will need to make the fix? I will need the rail, but how many clips do I need to hold it down. The picture is not clear.

Thanks

cossie1600 said:
Hey guys,

My roof rail flew away, I figure it is time to fix it. Does anyone know what parts I will need to make the fix? I will need the rail, but how many clips do I need to hold it down. The picture is not clear.

Thanks

You might have to take a pic of exactly what part your are referring to. The RAV4 EV doesn't have a roof rack.

It's the 2 black trim strips that cover the two main seams on the roof of the car. I don't know how they are attached, however, I do know they are not attached properly because they fly off while driving.

One of mine flew off as well. If it's under warranty, the dealer should get you a new one for free. My dealer ordered one for me for free when I was under the 3 year 36k factory warranty.

We recently bought a 2014 RAV4 EV and are missing one of the roof track filler described in this post. Does anyone have a part number to order a replacement?

I ended up purchasing part number 75557-0R010 and it seems to be the right thing. The fit is not as snug as I would expect, but it seems identical to the other drop moulding.

Back