Squeak noise when breaking?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayray

So, my 2012, has developed a squeak noise when I break hard from the driver side.
At first I was thinking it may be an anti lock sensor on the left driver side wheel, but now I'm able to get it to intermittently make the squeak, when I use the hill assist by pressing the break, and holding it.

It has continuously been increasing, and more and more with hard breaking or having more people in the car.

I'm assuming this is the break vacuum assist, as it's coming from the same general area?
Has anyone had this issue?
Is it something else ?

Trying to get all of my homework done, before going to the dealer, as they will never do anything unless you do the troubleshooting form them ..

rayray said:
So, my 2012, has developed a squeak noise when I break hard from the driver side.
At first I was thinking it may be an anti lock sensor on the left driver side wheel, but now I'm able to get it to intermittently make the squeak, when I use the hill assist by pressing the break, and holding it.

It has continuously been increasing, and more and more with hard breaking or having more people in the car.

I'm assuming this is the break vacuum assist, as it's coming from the same general area?
Has anyone had this issue?
Is it something else ?

Trying to get all of my homework done, before going to the dealer, as they will never do anything unless you do the troubleshooting form them ..

Lift it up, take the wheel off and inspect the disc brake.
I've had (on a different car) that a little rock got embedded in the disc brake claw.
Least you can do before you take it in to the dealer

As noted, this happens with the car stopped using the hill assist mode ... So, not sure how the break pads would be the culprit ?
I'm leaning towards the vacuum pump, and will post updates, if I find out what the problem is ..

Back