Alarm keeps coming on and will not start on 2003 Rav 4

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravver

I have a bit of patchy information here because my family were using the car rather then me, so I only know what they say that they have done to the car. However it appears that upon entry with the plipper and entering the car, the alarm has been going off. They then have started the car and used it but alarm keeps going off.

Now when I look at the car, the car will not open on the plippar key, I have to use the actual key in the lock. When I enter the car, the indiactors are going widely as the alarm is going off but is not audible. I can see the small red light in the dashboard near the gear lever. If I try to start the car, it will attempt to turn over but now the battery is so week, it appears that it will not start.

I'm not sure exactly how the car got in the state, but since I'm now home (after being away) I can be more accurate about the current state of the Rav4. I'd be grateful if anyone has any ideas what could be wrong with it.

First thing I would check is the 12 volt battery. Has it ever been replaced? If not, the low voltage is typically the source of my varied electronic gremlins and odd behavior.

ravver said:
I have a bit of patchy information here because my family were using the car rather then me, so I only know what they say that they have done to the car. However it appears that upon entry with the plipper and entering the car, the alarm has been going off. They then have started the car and used it but alarm keeps going off.

Now when I look at the car, the car will not open on the plippar key, I have to use the actual key in the lock. When I enter the car, the indiactors are going widely as the alarm is going off but is not audible. I can see the small red light in the dashboard near the gear lever. If I try to start the car, it will attempt to turn over but now the battery is so week, it appears that it will not start.

I'm not sure exactly how the car got in the state, but since I'm now home (after being away) I can be more accurate about the current state of the Rav4. I'd be grateful if anyone has any ideas what could be wrong with it.

This forum is for the electric version of the rav4 sold in california between 2012-2014

I think you will have more luck at http://www.rav4world.com/forums/

Back