Range meter algorithm

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rab303

Our RAV4 EV range display is lately consistently showing a complete charge to be around 63.
In the past 3+ years it has varied over time from showing anywhere from ~60 to over 100 miles at the completion of a full (not extended) charge. It will show the completed range to be in the 90's for a week or so. Then it will be in the 80's, or 70's and the back to 90's or even over 100 for several days. But for th past few weeks it is "stuck" in the low 60's after a complete charge.
The interesting thing is when the charge is completed and the dashboard display is showing a range of 63, a 26 (odometer) mile trip will most often only use about 12-16 miles of displayed range and a 50 mile round trip will consume about 30 miles of range. So when I divide the odometer reading for actual miles traveled by the miles that the range indicator shows as used and multiply that result times the initial completed charge, displayed range, the result usually is well over 100 miles of range. So starting with a displayed range of 63, we can drive 75 miles and still have 20+ miles remaining on the range display.
When the completed charge displayed range is close to 100, the displayed range correlates more 1:1 with the odometer/actual miles driven.
So it appears the actual miles driving range is not affected. It seems something is wrong in the software algorithm.
Has any one else experienced this? Is there a way to reset/correct this?

Since I am no longer a moderator on this forum, I cannot properly move your comments and questions to be GOM thread that addresses all these issues:

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=825

If you want to reset your GOM (so that it will display a larger number), please refer to this thread:

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1625

Back