Tire recommendation

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossie1600

For those who are looking for new tires, I highly recommend Michelin Premier LTX. They are a little bit more expensive than the other tires, but they are so much quieter (BY A LOT!) and ride so much better than the OEM Yokos or the Bridgestone Dueler 422. I am sure I probably won't get more than 40-50K miles on it (it's rated at 60K), but the decrease in road noise and increase in comfort matters!

I like the Michelin Defender. 90k mile warranty and a full set can be had, installed with CA sales tax for less than $650 if you shop around a bit. I did a price match to Tire Rack at America's Tire.

My Michelin Defender tires are going strong at 50,000 miles. The original Yokohamas were completely bald at 40,000 miles.

I fully expect to get very close to the 90,000 warranted miles on the Defenders. They are also quiet (now that my motor is so quiet).

Highly recommended.

I put on the Michelin Defenders at 40k miles. I am now at 100k miles and they are down to 2/32. Since they lasted 60k but are rated for 90k, Discount Tire gave me $200 credit towards a new set. Continental Contact A/S (Eco Plus) had a $100 rebate so am going to try them, also with 90k mile warranty.

Rav4EV4me said:
I prefer the Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus myself.

Why do you like those, and could you please provide info on cost and where you bought them?
TIA

Back