Heater Issues after 1 week of ownership of a used Rav4 EV

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazard211

Hello guys,

New to forum. Just purchase a used 2014 Rav4 EV a couple of weeks ago from Steven Creek Toyota and now the heater has stopped working. I did purchase Toyota Platinum Protection warranty. Upon reading multiple forums about heater issue. My question is that will the warranty cover the heater issue? Will they be able to resolve the issue since the car was only bought a couple of weeks old. I am having the car tow to the dealership this weekend hopefully they can fix the issues. For those who had had their heater fixed how long did you have to wait for the parts to be ordered.

Just an update guys. Steven Creek Toyota had fixed the issue. They replaced heater assembly and DC converter. Took the car back to them and they filled a claim with Toyota and within 1 day, parts were ordered from Fremont. Also had battery and motor coolant flushed ($497) job. Did not want to tow car back since I was from out of town. Overall great and fast service with them. FYI 2 EV techs onsite.

Back