2012 RavEV in shop for more than 3 weeks???

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyinchile

Our 2012 Toyota Rav EV has been at the Toyota of El Cajon service department for 3 weeks now. The warning light came on and said something about “overheating” and to service immediately.

They replaced the coolant pump but apparently that wasn’t the problem. Tesla suggested to run a series of tests and now El Cajon is waiting to hear back from Tesla which has been two weeks. Is this normal to wait this long to hear back from Tesla? We don’t know if the problems are under warranty since we don’t know what the problem is. The dealership said they have 7 EV cars there right now. There is only one technician, Carlos, who is certified to work on these cars.

They installed a new motor drive about three months ago after we had that whining sound.

We have been renting a car and are just feeling desperate and was hoping for any advice, tips or suggestions.

Thank you,
Amy

My 2 cents.
Probably it is necessary to turn to a lawyer and find out the possibility of legal "pressure" on a service shop*.
The lack of the required number of technicians is not a problem for customers, but is the service shop problem, is the Toyota problem and is the Tesla problem.
Repair can't last indefinitely.
Carlos use scan tool aka "Tesla Powertrain Service Diagnostics RAV4"?
You know DTCs, Freeze Frame, Data Stream, etc. of Electric (Tesla) Propulsion Control System of yours vehicle?

Those who are sinking should rely on their own strengths and rely on oneself...

I'm sorry, but who will pay for the vain (useless) replacement of the pump?

As I heard, Tesla's have catastrophic problems with spare parts...

* But their office is beautiful :mrgreen: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=AAGpBid9DHU

My 2014 has been at Toyota El Cajon since Oct 14 waiting on a replacement gateway ECU. I’m also driving a rental as they have no estimate on when the part will arrive from Tesla. Prior to this, it was at the same dealer three times for various engine check problems...this is the first time anything has been replaced.

Unfortunately, Tesla seems to have no reason to respond quickly to any Toyota RAV 4 issues since the relationship between the two companies has deteriorated.

I’m hopeful I’ll get my car back soon but am considering contacting a lemon law lawyer....

kimberlyr said:
My 2014 has been at Toyota El Cajon since Oct 14 waiting on a replacement gateway ECU. I’m also driving a rental as they have no estimate on when the part will arrive from Tesla. Prior to this, it was at the same dealer three times for various engine check problems...this is the first time anything has been replaced.

Unfortunately, Tesla seems to have no reason to respond quickly to any Toyota RAV 4 issues since the relationship between the two companies has deteriorated.

I’m hopeful I’ll get my car back soon but am considering contacting a lemon law lawyer....
Was the replacement of the Gateway ECU, but it was useless?
Who paid for this supposedly "repair"?
Did you receive diagnostic results (tests results) from service shop?

Back