Front end alignment out after hitting a curb

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tesyota

A few weeks ago in icy conditions I hit a curb with my passenger front wheel hitting first. The whole car ended up going over the curb, but the pass front took the brunt of it.

After that my RAV EV pulls to the right and the steering wheel is stuck to the right a few degrees. To hold a straight line, I need to constantly steer left.

Took it in to my reputable (at least so far...) tire and alignment shop, and they said it's too far out of whack to align, that something must have broke or bent during the curb hit.

They recommended another shop in town, which I went to. On the first visit they said they couldn't find anything broken or bent.

They asked me to bring it on again to check the subframe, and, again, nothing out of the ordinary.

They guessed it was the strut that was bad. Replaced the strut and ZERO improvement. They now want to replace a control arm, but have not provided proof of it being the cause, just like the strut.

Also when my car is going around 100kph/62mph, I can hear a whirling sound from that passenger front tire.

Anyone have any insight or experienced this before?

So far I'm paying a lot for the mechanic's guessing and part swapping, which I think is wrong as I prefer to pay for expertise and outcomes, not speculation and "work performed."

Thanks!

Definitely need to find another, reputable, shop. There is a good chance something is bent but swapping parts to see if it fixes the problem is not the solution. A decent shop can measure the angles and quickly find the bent part(s).
and do get it fixed because you will quickly wear away your tire.

Back