Cost of a battery coolant pump?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnylawson

My RAV4 EV is in waiting on the regional EV tech (Cincinnati, Ohio) to check to see whats wrong with my RAV4 EV March 5th. Check EV, High battery temp warnings, lost power twice while driving. My hunch is the battery coolant pump. I'm out of warranty except the actual battery warranty (100k I believe it is?).

2 Questions:
Does the battery coolant pump fall under the battery warranty?
If not, has anyone been quoted or paid anything to have the battery coolant pump replaced at the dealer?

Thanks.

johnnylawson said:
My RAV4 EV is in waiting on the regional EV tech (Cincinnati, Ohio) to check to see whats wrong with my RAV4 EV March 5th. Check EV, High battery temp warnings, lost power twice while driving. My hunch is the battery coolant pump. I'm out of warranty except the actual battery warranty (100k I believe it is?).

2 Questions:
Does the battery coolant pump fall under the battery warranty?
If not, has anyone been quoted or paid anything to have the battery coolant pump replaced at the dealer?

Thanks.

Yes, the battery coolant pump should be under the battery warranty... 8 year / 100,000 miles. Yes, many have been replaced under warranty.

I personally know of at least one that was very recently replaced under warranty.

The pump failing is a very common problem.

Back