Steering wheel lights

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AgingHippie

Does anyone know if the lights in the controls on the steering wheel are on a separate fuse, and if they are, which one and where the panel is? If they aren't (i.e. if your steering wheel doesn't light up then your dome light shouldn't work either or something like that) then I guess it has to go back to the dealer - who just had it for 4 months waiting for a motor.

The steering wheel controls LED is powered from a 7.5 amp fuse labeled 'PANEL', in the fuse block under the left side of the dash. Other lights on that circuit include the traction control button, the headlight range adjuster, and the telematics (SOS) receiver. While the later are all tied back into the panel dimmer circuit, the steering wheel LED is grounded (ie controlled) through the navigation head unit.

Thanks!

Just went to look at the owner's manual online - picture doesn't match what's inside my dashboard at all. No labels on anything in there either. I hate to run to the dealer just for a fuse. I could start just pulling them and putting them back, but I also don't want to lose stuff like my delayed charging settings or memorized radio stations....

hokiematt said:
Keep in mind only the round Mode button is illuminated; all the other steering wheel buttons unfortunately are not :(

I thought I remembered that the other buttons lit up also - hard to recall after the car has been sitting at the dealer for 4 months waiting for a new motor. Are you certain?

Back