Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: ALL POSTS - motor whine or "HUM" (Milling Sound)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:51 am 

kmcclellan45 wrote:
I have been looking all over this site to see if I have the Jdemo installed will it cause a problem with my already approved motor replacement under warranty.
I see a couple of members here have waited 5 months to year for their motors to get to the dealer.
I am on month 3 and would like to start taking my RAV4EV to Vegas from San Diego with the Jdemo.
I have had my Jdemo sitting in a box for the same 3 months waiting.

It really depends on who is doing the motor replacement. Some dealers won't do any significant work on the car with JdeMO present while others just charge a fee to work around it. For jobs like a heater or DC-DC, the JdeMO bracket is actually in the way and needs to be unbolted and moved aside. For a motor replacement, the bracket is in the way of unbolting one of the motor mounts. For a battery replacement, the battery tap cables must be removed and reinstalled on the new battery. The fee for this stuff varies between $150 and $500 depending on the dealership and the work being done. If you know you are getting a new motor "soon" then I would just be patient and have the JdeMO installed after the motor is swapped.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:25 am 

San Diego? Ask Tony about a preferred dealer for the work you need.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:46 pm 

smkettner wrote:
San Diego? Ask Tony about a preferred dealer for the work you need.

If the motor is already ordered, then that’s unfortunately where the work will need to be done. They won’t change that.

We deal exclusively with Carlsbad Toyota (after their nutjob mechanic was asked to leave a few years ago). We only have four Toyota dealers in San Diego county that can do EV repairs, but we don’t recommend them. We recommend several other dealers around the world.

INSTALL THE JdeMO™ !!! No, your warranty or motor replacement isn’t at risk. If you don’t want to have the dealer remove the required bits with the motor replacement, we will make those changes for free (just prior to you delivering the car for the motor swap).

When the motor arrives at the dealer, we will be happy to help with the dealer. If you have us install JdeMO™, we will also update the software and some hardware for free. We strongly recommend hood struts, by the way, and we have those in stock.

Thanks,

Tony Williams
Quick Charge Power LLC
1780-104 La Costa Meadows Drive
San Marcos, California 92078 USA
support (((@))) QuickChargePower.com
http://www.QuickChargePower.com
Twitter: QCPower
1-844-EV-PARTS
1-844-387-2787
1-760-798-0342 Office
Hours M-F, 9-5 Pacific Time

tony@QCcharge.com
www.QCcharge.com
1-844-EV-PARTS
1-844-387-2787
1-760-798-0342 Office

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:33 am 

I just received my vehicle back yesterday. Frank Toyota of National City did the replacement. I didn't expect to get it back so fast considering I did not make an appointment. I dropped it off about 11am and they called me the next day 2:30pm telling me it was ready for pickup.
So Tony, I will be contacting you for the next available time slot to get this charger installed that had been staring at me since October.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:09 pm 

kmcclellan45 wrote:
I just received my vehicle back yesterday. Frank Toyota of National City did the replacement. I didn't expect to get it back so fast considering I did not make an appointment. I dropped it off about 11am and they called me the next day 2:30pm telling me it was ready for pickup.
So Tony, I will be contacting you for the next available time slot to get this charger installed that had been staring at me since October.

Ok! See you then.

tony@QCcharge.com
www.QCcharge.com
1-844-EV-PARTS
1-844-387-2787
1-760-798-0342 Office

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:32 am 

I use Glendale Toyota for my service. They have never once mentioned the Jdemo, even during a motor replacement. I've had at least 4-5 visits to them since I had it installed.

I think they're either really cool about it or too clueless to know what it is... regardless, they've always done the work.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:35 am 

So after having my motor replaced six months ago, it's now completely failed and will be stuck at Toyota Carlsbad for a few months, while another motor is sourced. Not happy! :x

'13 Silver RAV4 EV #2178
(Aftermarket Leather Seats)
'11 Leaf SV (retired)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:10 pm 

Jonathan_UK wrote:
So after having my motor replaced six months ago, it's now completely failed and will be stuck at Toyota Carlsbad for a few months, while another motor is sourced. Not happy! :x

Did the drive unit fail? What are the details? Typically the DU makes noise or has other symptoms, but a catastrophic failure is rare.

8/12/14 RAV4 EV #3008, Blizzard Pearl
9kW Solar Electric System
SDGE TOU metering
OpenEVSE 40 amp

"Aquaponics...solar-powered nanotechnology that produces fresh vegetables and meat, while purifying water..." - Rick Op, Houston Texas.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:44 pm 

Jonathan_UK wrote:

Well the replacements ARE all remanufactured, so having one die isn't that big a shock. In one way, you're lucky it failed so quickly instead of just after your warranty was expired.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:03 am 

dstjohn99 wrote:
Jonathan_UK wrote:

Did the drive unit fail? What are the details? Typically the DU makes noise or has other symptoms, but a catastrophic failure is rare.

No warning other than a Check EV warning light come on three days prior to the failure. When the failure occurred, there were no sounds or vibrations.

Most probable cause is the electronic circuit board within the unit, possibly corrosion?

Today I had a call from Toyota Carlsbad telling me the hire car they gave me is my financial responsibility. Going to see the service manager tomorrow to refute this.

'13 Silver RAV4 EV #2178
(Aftermarket Leather Seats)
'11 Leaf SV (retired)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next