Recommend a Toyota EV mechanic in the South Bay Area?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegeLady

I am looking for a dealer with a knowledgeable mechanic for my 5,000 mile checkup on the RAV4 EV. I have heard from owners of the original EV that Palo Alto has a good technician. Anyone recommend any of the following service dept? Sunnyvale, Piercy in Milpitas, Stevens Creek or Palo Alto. Frankly, I don't really know what they will do for a 5,000 mile checkup?

You didn't list it but the Fremont Toyota dealership isn't that far north from Milpitas :).

I had no problem getting their tech to disable all but one beep when "shifting" into reverse as well as disabling the seatbelt alarm that sounds when you push the "ignition" button before you get around to buckling your seatbelt (the order I prefer given the "system check" delay).

My only suggestion is to ask to skip the free "mini wash" they provide. My Rav4 EV was pretty clean when it arrived last week. I had initially asked them NOT to wash the car (long story... but I have a background in the "automatic car washes" prevalent in dealerships... and the damage they can often do). Alas, I was being called by two folks as I was finalizing the service details and didn't catch that the service order included the wash. Fortunately, no damage was apparent but the car was very dirty (with lots of "spots" I don't look forward to cleaning off) when I picked it up that evening.

Back