Miles remaining meter running backwards?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownie

This is the second time I've seen this with my 2012 RavEV. Where, the mileage meter resets to LO (full bars though) even though it is 80% charged, and as I drive around, it slowly increments UP until it reaches the normal reading of how many miles remain. Has anyone else experienced this? My only observation is that I unplugged my car this morning just as it was starting it's pre-climate and was in the midst of actively charging. I don't recall if this was the same situation when I noticed it before. I don't believe it was.

brownie said:
This is the second time I've seen this with my 2012 RavEV. Where, the mileage meter resets to LO (full bars though) even though it is 80% charged, and as I drive around, it slowly increments UP until it reaches the normal reading of how many miles remain. Has anyone else experienced this? My only observation is that I unplugged my car this morning just as it was starting it's pre-climate and was in the midst of actively charging. I don't recall if this was the same situation when I noticed it before. I don't believe it was.

Yes, I've had that. Don't know why... it's yet another Rav4 "feature". That's what happens when engineers start working on a car in October 2010 and manufacturer the first ones in May 2012. There's no time in there to work out the bugs, which makes you the beta tester.

Back