Entune won't connect to my Rav4 EV

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimichonga

I set up safety connect, set up my Entune account. Downloaded the app but it will not connect to the Rav. It can't tell me what the charge is or even locate the car. The "update" field doesn't show anything because it's never been connected. Called Toyota and they couldn't connect to the Rav and couldn't figure it out. Hoping someone here can help me out. Really inconvenient not knowing the status of the battery during charging.

I seem to be having the exact same problem. I downloaded the app, and the Bluetooth connection with the RAV is working fine, text messages and Pandora work great. However, the Charge Management and ECO dashboard on my phone never update with any data. I'm hoping I just missed enabling some setting in the car or something.

I've been seeing this problem with pretty high frequency among new 2014 buyers who try to sign up for RavCharge. They've got everything configured correctly but the car's just not sending any data to Entune (or responding to any commands.) You're not doing anything wrong - there's definitely something up with some of these 2014s (I haven't seen this before with '12s or '13s) or with the Entune systems. I've told Dianne about the problem and urged all my users who have experienced it to make Toyota aware of the problem, so hopefully it'll get resolved soon.

It's troubling to hear that Toyota couldn't figure anything out for you, Chimichonga. I'd take it in to the dealership. Hopefully it's as simple as something that didn't get connected correctly (e.g. the cellular modem.) Out of curiosity, are other connection-dependent things working, like traffic information?

fooljoe said:
... It's troubling to hear that Toyota couldn't figure anything out for you, Chimichonga. I'd take it in to the dealership. Hopefully it's as simple as something that didn't get connected correctly (e.g. the cellular modem.) Out of curiosity, are other connection-dependent things working, like traffic information?
Traffic is working for me, but I would have thought that came from the XM rather than data directly from Toyota. Dianne did say that I would have traffic and weather even if I didn't subscribe to XM (and I never would) so maybe it DOES come over the cell network.

Just got off with the support folks. They connected me directly to a tech. He had me drive around to be sure of a signal, and had me press the "SOS" button to call the Safety Connect folks and verify the cell module is working. He says it's a network problem and they would need up to a couple of days to get it fixed and that they will get back to me.

I asked and he was confident the problem was not in the vehicle itself.

I found this interesting: I was using the handsfree in the car to talk to the tech. The "SOS" button wouldn't work until I disabled bluetooth on my phone. Switching to handset mode wasn't enough. I'm sure hanging up would have also worked, but I needed to stay on with the tech. Makes sense in a way, although I would have had it override the call. Good to know if you crash while talking on the phone...

davewill said:
fooljoe said:
... It's troubling to hear that Toyota couldn't figure anything out for you, Chimichonga. I'd take it in to the dealership. Hopefully it's as simple as something that didn't get connected correctly (e.g. the cellular modem.) Out of curiosity, are other connection-dependent things working, like traffic information?
Traffic is working for me, but I would have thought that came from the XM rather than data directly from Toyota. Dianne did say that I would have traffic and weather even if I didn't subscribe to XM (and I never would) so maybe it DOES come over the cell network.
The car comes with a free trial of the XM radio and 3 years of free XM NAV Traffic.

Hmm seems to be some contradictory information. I know my Leaf's traffic info was XM based (and is since expired), so I wouldn't be surprised if the Rav's is too. But then again I still have Rav traffic info but the XM radio is expired (at least I think - never used it at all but the one time I tried every station was just some message about subscribing.) And Dianne's statement would seem to indicate it's not XM-based.

Anyway, I'm not sure the SOS button working would use the same systems as Entune, as cellular voice is different from cellular data, so I wouldn't take a Toyota call center tech's word that nothing's wrong with the car. If it's a network problem why is this persisting on some cars while others consistently work fine? If you're having this problem I strongly urge you to take your car in to the dealership to at least get it documented that there's a problem that they couldn't fix, just in case you ever want to demand a buyback, or do a lemon law thing like Tony. Don't just wait around for Toyota to do something on their end.

fooljoe said:
... Anyway, I'm not sure the SOS button working would use the same systems as Entune, as cellular voice is different from cellular data, so I wouldn't take a Toyota call center tech's word that nothing's wrong with the car. If it's a network problem why is this persisting on some cars while others consistently work fine? If you're having this problem I strongly urge you to take your car in to the dealership to at least get it documented that there's a problem that they couldn't fix, just in case you ever want to demand a buyback, or do a lemon law thing like Tony. Don't just wait around for Toyota to do something on their end.
It likely uses the same module, antenna, etc... so it's a start. Anyway, I'm perfectly comfortable giving them a week or so to work on it before I take it in. If I have to drive around not knowing my charge level remotely for an extra week before the lemon law kicks in, so be it...

Well, it just started working sometime last night. I was greeted this morning with a charge ended notification, and the EnTune app now shows the battery level, ECO stats, and vehicle location. I haven't heard back from support, but I probably will.

Just got a call back from support. They were checking to be sure EnTune was working for me. They said that is was some sort of regional network issue for what that's worth.

Interesting. Whatever the issue it's still persisting for some of my users, so I guess those Entune guys have more "regions" to fix.

There's a guy (Percy) at Tech support who was incredibly helpful to us. He seems to have found the problem, and while I know what it was, it's hit or miss as to who did the database entry wrong in the national database that tells Telematics and Entune what VINs are good, and what are not.

Incidentally, your audio and NAV are described this way on the MSRP:
NAV w/Entune App Suite & EV Apps:Backup Cam, 6 Spkrs, 90day Trial for SXMRadio; 3yr Trial for SXM NavT, NavW,Sprts/Stcks; HD Radio,Aux Jack,USB Port,Vehicle Info, Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone& Music Streaming, Adv Voice Recognition3.5" TFT EV Multi-information Display

I have 2014 EV and with same issues. Toyota upgraded the f/w and but still will not show any update on battery or battery status. Per Toyota, it's a known issue with iPhone application. Still not able to connect remotely on RAV for battery state or climate.

I've got the same thing going here..... Picked up our Rav on the 25th. Signed up properly, downloaded the app, etc. Spoke with Safety Connect last week to make sure they have all my correct info. Still no Power management, ECO Dash, Remote Climate. Vehicle Finder, Charging Station Map sort of work.

I thought perhaps it's my older phone. It is on the list, and is shown as a "not sure if it works" phone. Even if the System does not work with my phone, you would think I should still at least get the emails!

Called in today and spoke with The Entune Group. The girl there told me only Blackberrys work with Entune and that the EV communications are from Select Connect. (I said not true) She transferred me to them. The girl at Select Connect said this is a Toyota customer Service issue and transferred me there. Cust. Care promptly put me on hold to Chat with Select Connect. After 10 min, came back and said to continue holding while they talk with a tech. 8 more minutes and she comes back to say that according to the Toyota Tech, the EV reporting, emailing, etc, only comes from a vehicle plugged into the Leviton Charger. (Which I don't have....) I asked to talk to the tech and was told that is not possible.

I feel like I've called into a Government agency instead of Toyota!

Any thoughts? Confirmations? (besides take it to the dealer....)

Thanks!

Steve

The Entune e-mail notification system is totally independent of what kind of phone you have. The "Leviton Only" information is hogwash. You need to continue to escalate the issue until you get to somebody like "Percy" referenced above that actually knows something about the EV features. I had a similar difficulty when Entune notified me that somebody else registered my car in Entune and my EV Apps were disabled.

Bottom line, your car is not correctly entered in their system and they have to fix it on their end. You may have to go back to the dealer to have them escalate it through Toyota. Try to find the Customer Service Manager at your dealership if you go that route.

Electric Laguna said:
The girl there told me only Blackberrys work with Entune...
Just about everything they told you (especially this laughable bit) is a lie. Your phone communicates with Entune through standard web protocols that any smart phone should be able to handle, but if there's any doubt you can sign up for a free trial of RavCharge and I can confirm for you whether or not there's any data coming through.

The issue is completely on their end. Like miimura said, you need to track down someone like this "Percy" that Dianne referenced who won't just give you the run-around. I'd call Dianne for assistance getting in touch with him.

Dianne is already on it.

It appears that there are a couple other guys in the same boat today....

Will keep you all posted.

You might want to check your heater. When my heater went, the GOM went nuts too. Now I replaced heater and DC to DC converter, GOM is back to being accurate again

Back