Aftermarket safety accessories (i.e., blind spot monitor)

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mctufts

Just wanted to see if anyone on this board has added after market safety accessories such as blind spot monitors or forward collision detection. If so, which ones did you go with and has the equipment worked satisfactorily?

I've been looking at Brandmotion products but have heard good things about Mobileye and Goshers.

Not to hijack the thread but also, has anyone seen a kit that could be used to eliminate the outside mirrors? It seems to me the biggest aerodynamic improvement that we could do would be to ditch the mirrors. A small camera mounted on the front fenders would do that and eliminate the blind spot completely. I know BMW has announced a 2018 car with this for production.

For the inevitable, "But my god what if the camera fails", 1) some of us actually learned to drive in cars that only had interior rear view mirrors and learned to actually "manually" check the blind spot, and 2) get it fixed. It is not like the car will crash without a mirror.

Back