Presurized hood lifts

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drmanny3

sobayimage was kind enough to find a source for a pressurized hood lift that negates the need to hold a heavy hood while you try and put the small arm into the hood to hold it up. He had to do some drilling which did not excite me, so I looked around and found a source on eBay that is tailor made for our Rav4EV. It comes with the hardware and it pretty simple to put on. With shipping it was $65. It comes with all the hardware you will need. There is no drilling, as you use the top bolt that holds the hood. A bracket fits perfectly and is held by that top bolt. The bottom piece also is easy to place. It requires that you take out one bolt and put the bracket down and then use their bolt to hold it down. There is a little cutting of the rubber molding. If you are careful you can easily cut it so it looks custom fitted. The whole job took me about 20 minutes. It works great. Do the driver side first (the parts were labeled left), then do the passenger side (parts labeled right). Before you hook up the bottom portion of the lift un do the old hood arm and place it in its holder. You can then fit the bottom of the lift into its holder. If you have someone hold up the hood on the passenger side it will make this easier. You can slip a small blade screw driver into the clip that allows you to place it over the ball connector. It is not like in the pictorial on eBay. The female ball joint has a sleeve that needs to have a small blade put in to release it. You do not need to lift the sleeve more than the thickness of the blade. It is really an easy modification and I think well worth the price. Once you have the job done you can easily remove the small hood bar that came with the car. Check it out at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221415091700?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Back