New Owner Vehicle Setup

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyWilliams

Here's a list of things that you will probably want to do very early in your ownership experience:

Please get the appropriate public charging network cards from:

Blink / Car Charging
NRG / eVgo
SemaConnect
ChargePoint
AeroVironment
etc

Navigation / Center Screen / Entunes

http://www.myrav4ev.com/docs/RAV4EV_Navigation_Manual.pdf

IF YOU WANT YOUR CAR DELIVERED WITH SPECIFIC SETTINGS:

You will likely want your dealer to set the reverse beeper to a single beep. I highly recommend writing this in the sales contract, particularly for an out of state sale. You will not like this distracting beeping in reverse. Also, I recommend setting the auto door locks to whatever setting you want prior to delivery (always unlocked, lock when in Drive, only unlock driver's door, etc).

If you don't want the navigation screen to automatically pop back to the map mode

Press the "Home" button below the screen (like on an iPad / iPhone), then press the lower right hand corner symbol for page 2, then press the upper left hand symbol, then scroll down until you see Auto Screen Change, then select OFF.

IF YOU DON'T WANT THE DROP DOWN MENUS TO BLOCK YOUR REVERSE CAMERA VIEW:

Page 161 of the 2012 owner's manual:

1. Press the “Home” button
2. Touch the "Settings" gear icon on the “Main Menu” screen
3. Touch “Phone” on the “Setup” screen
4. Touch “Phone Display Settings”
5. Select "off" for "Display Phone Book Transfer Status"
6. Select "off" for "Display Call History Transfer Status"
7. Touch "Save"

Page 173 of the 2012 owner's manual:

1. Press the “Home” button
2. Touch the "Settings" gear icon on the “Main Menu” screen
3. Touch “Bluetooth” on the “Setup” screen
4. Touch “Detailed Bluetooth Settings”
5. Touch the down arrow once
6. Select "off" for "Display Phone Status"
7. Select "off" for "Display Portable Player Status"
8. Touch "Save"

IF YOUR CAR IS DELIVERED WITHOUT FUNCTIONING INTERIOR LIGHTS:

A pin is located in the engine bay passenger side fuse box to activate the lights. Inside that fuse box, there is a white "fuse" without any number and that is the "pin". Under the fuse cover, there is a location labeled "short". Put the "pin" into the "short" slot and interior function like light, garage door opener, external door handle switch will be activated.

HOV LANE STICKERS

Apply for your California HOV lane stickers (less than $20) after you have a license plate issued to your car:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/decal.htm

Great page. I did not realize that you can get the car to lock on placing the vehicle in drive. I take it Toyota has to use a special computer interface to make these kinds of changes?
Manny

drmanny3 said:
Great page. I did not realize that you can get the car to lock on placing the vehicle in drive. I take it Toyota has to use a special computer interface to make these kinds of changes?
Manny

You can set up the door locks yourself (sorry, don't have the reference handy), but of course, the dealer can do this while they are eliminating the crazy back up beeping.

I'm looking for a post on setting up Entune so I can check in on the car from my smart phone. I feel like it should be part of this thread or at least have a link to it from here. I tried searching for it, but the forum search tool isn't the greatest. Also, I found this youtube video that seems like a decent overview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PrnpU4WaMU

Back