MyEV, a third party EV logger and app

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnolddeleon

Anyone else looking in this? It could potentially offer a way to get a "true SOC" reading.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/myev-by-mycarma-electric-vehicle-logger-app/x/7641319

I love data but I've been too lazy to gather it myself, I'm hoping this will let me have my data fix without as much work.

I want it bad enough to support them twice so I can have the same data for RAV4-EV and LEAF.

arnold

I'm buying one of these loggers for my RAV4EV (from the same guys that made FleetCarma). I think it would be fun to track this kind of information. The video doesn't say they support the RAV4EV, but the text below the video says it is being finalized and will be available by Oct (release date). I also verified it will be ready from one of the team members.

Dsinned said:
Looks VERY promising! Thanks for the heads up! I'm in . . .

Their up to $16,923 against a funding goal of $25,000 with only 10 days to go. I hope they make it. This product should be very popular with all EV enthusiast! Here's a short video about this product.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/myev-by-mycarma-electric-vehicle-logger-app/x/8049527

boredcleaner said:
I'm in, too. Let's hope they get the RAV4 compatibility worked out!

Thanks for the support guys! Don't worry, we'll get the RAV4 compatibility worked out :)

And one other thing if I may, we put out an update yesterday where we'll be including either on-board storage or cellular connectivity with the logger.

On-board storage means your phone won't always have to be connected to the logger to log trip data.
Cellular connectivity includes on-board storage, and may provide for some additional remote controls in the future (ie. charge-complete notification, remote vehicle status, connection to smart-EVSEs, etc), but comes at a cost. As a backer special, we would provide 2 years of free service, but would then cost $25/year thereafter.

As a RAV4 EV owner, which would you prefer? Would you pay $25 a year for remote capabilities?

DevinL said:
strochaniak said:
As a RAV4 EV owner, which would you prefer? Would you pay $25 a year for remote capabilities?
Yes, but only if it works in Canada as well. Perhaps could be SIM-swappable?

We're from Waterloo Ontario, so it'll definitely work in Canada :) With the hardware we would be using though, the SIM unfortunately wouldn't be swappable.

strochaniak said:

I voted for cellular connectivity and would gladly pay the annual subscription fee.

Just wanted to give a quick heads up: we reached our funding goal of $25k, so myEV is a GO. There are 4 days to back us in case you're still hangin' on the fence. :)

Thanks!

P.S. In response to the feedback we received, we ended up going with on-board storage, in case anyone is curious.

Any news on this? I reserved my spot a month or so ago and I havent heard anything. When will these be released? I didnt find out about the campaign until it was already closed.

No, nothing yet. I believe the product will start shipping first to their Indiegogo supporters supposedly sometime next month. However, there could be further delays.

jimbo69ny said:
Any news on this? I reserved my spot a month or so ago and I havent heard anything. When will these be released? I didnt find out about the campaign until it was already closed.

Hey there. The loggers/app are currently in production, and we are still expecting to release in late October. The first batch will be for the backers, and the second for everyone who reserved their spot (such as yourself). We should also be opening a preorder system in 3-4 few weeks so that you're actually able to purchase one.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Can you tell us what this well tell us about our Rav4? How accurate will the info be?

It is definitely something I would be very interested in. Do you have a price for us yet? I submitted my email so I should be on the waiting list.

jimbo69ny said:
Can you tell us what this well tell us about our Rav4? How accurate will the info be?

It is definitely something I would be very interested in. Do you have a price for us yet? I submitted my email so I should be on the waiting list.

Our initial v0.9 feature set includes:

Trip Summary: Energy Consumption
Trip Summary: Starting/Ending SOC
Trip Summary: Lifetime Trip Rank
Trip Summary: Nearby Comparable Rank
Historical: Avg Consumption
Historical: EV Miles
Historical: Battery Health
Historical: Nearby Comparable Rank
Social: Unplug Requests
Social: Fistbumps
Social: Share Results

Our company's background is in vehicle design, so the info will be highly accurate.

The price hasn't been finalized, but will likely be around $159. We'll of course email you any updates since you signed up to be on the list.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to getting this product as one of your "backers". :mrgreen:

Will it come with any written instructions (e.g. how to hook it up to the car, how to use the cell phone app, etc.)? Is this available now on your website?

I also have a question about the battery degradation "calculator" (for lack of a better description). This may be what you are calling the "Battery Health" feature. How accurate will this be? I remember reading on your site that you have on staff a Lithium ion battery "expert" who developed an algorithm for this purpose. How does it make the determination on EVs already being driven? Does the accuracy of this algorithm's prediction rely on the accumulation of data over time, where the more data collected, the more accurate the degradation prediction?

Dsinned said:
Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to getting this product as one of your "backers". :mrgreen:

Will it come with any written instructions (e.g. how to hook it up to the car, how to use the cell phone app, etc.)? Is this available now on your website?

I also have a question about the battery degradation "calculator" (for lack of a better description). This may be what you are calling the "Battery Health" feature. How accurate will this be? I remember reading on your site that you have on staff a Lithium ion battery "expert" who developed an algorithm for this purpose. How does it make the determination on EVs already being driven? Does the accuracy of this algorithm's prediction rely on the accumulation of data over time, where the more data collected, the more accurate the degradation prediction?

No problem, thanks again for backing us!

It will come with instructions, and we've spent a lot of time making the system as simple and intuitive as possible. We'll also be putting a lot of our resources into assisting you as soon as possible should you need any help setting it up.

In terms of the battery health indicator, we put out a video that explains how we calculate it (at least a lot better than I could :p) that you might find useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNZ9jMFDmcw.

strochaniak said:
In terms of the battery health indicator, we put out a video that explains how we calculate it (at least a lot better than I could :p) that you might find useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNZ9jMFDmcw.

There wasn't any real information on how your product would determine "battery health".

The BMS in the Rav4 does make calculations for relative health (degradation).

TonyWilliams said:
strochaniak said:

There wasn't any real information on how your product would determine "battery health".

The BMS in the Rav4 does make calculations for relative health (degradation).

Hey Tony,

The engineers are working on finalizing the battery health algorithm as we speak, so it'll probably be a couple more weeks until I'm able give more info as to how it'll function. I'll definitely keep you updated.

The video implied the rate of battery degradation would be a factor of "power fade" and "capacity fade" (over time), and perhaps take into account the "driving style" pattern. Of course, the algorithm that determines this in the product probably would be consider "ip", so no further information given is to be expected.

Back