Mudguards

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusiondynamics

Anyone know which mud guards to get for our car? From looking around it seems that there are two types. One with fender flares and without fender flare? What's the difference?

The RAV4 EV doesn't have fender flares. Here is one source where you can buy the mudguards. You can also get them from a Toyota dealer. I installed them in my RAV4 EV. It was easy to install with a stubby screwdriver, no need to remove the wheels or lift up the vehicle.

http://www.toyota-parts.com/product/Mudguards-brw-o-Fender-Flares/285831/

Correct they are fairly easy to install. This is one of the first mods I did to the car. The mud guards not only save the paint but look pretty good. There is also a heavy duty rear bumper cover that fits over the painted one. It was also a great mod to do. I think cost was about $80+
Manny

any change on the range?
i'm afraid to do any modification especially one that can affect the aerodynamics of the RAv4 EV.
i tried a bike rack and it decreased the mile/kw a lot

Could be some small effects but I didn't noticed any range differences between before and after the mudguards were installed.

Just got this from Danny at PriusChat: (They can make it in Shoreline Blue Pearl)

Thanks for your interest in getting a Shark Fin from us. You can just order that Shark Fin for the Prius and choose any color, but during checkout include in the Comments section that is for a 2014 RAV4 EV (awesome car, by the way!) and the color requested. Please include the actual paint code if you can.

Thanks!

Danny
PriusChat.com/Shop

If you are replacing the antenna that is at the back of the car I would make sure that you don't lose functionality. That antenna not only serves the radio but also serves the cell phone data link and may affect the On Star capability. I am not absolutely sure that this antenna does all this but I think it is worth checking out before you attach a shark fin antenna. I have one on my Prius but that is very different from the Rav4EV. Have the Leaf owners replaced their antenna with a shark fin?
Manny

My bad... posted in the wrong area... But there is a forum for Shark Fins http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=274&hilit=shark+fin&start=20 Looks like people have done it without problem.

Can anyone post photos of their vehicle with the mudguards installed? I'm interested in getting them for mine.

If I have a chance I will take a shot and post. Can we easily post pictures on this site? I can tell you they fit perfectly as they were made for the Rav4 2012 without wheel well extensions seen on some of the years.
Manny

unHookt said:
Can anyone post photos of their vehicle with the mudguards installed? I'm interested in getting them for mine.
Here are some photos - taken at night so not the best.

20141002_213706.jpg

20141002_213720.jpg

20141002_213730.jpg

These are the mudguards, good fit, easy install with a stubby phillips screwdriver, great price

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005T44BX4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am very curious about this as well. I suspect through any loss would be very minimal. I doubt it would be noticeable. I am adding window vent visors which probably also negatively effects aerodynamics but to me the benefit outweighs that.

fusiondynamics said:
Any loss of range?
None noticeable. I don't hypermile or track stats that closely, though. I just enjoy driving the car and passing gas stations; charging for free with solar electric.

drmanny3 said:
There is also a heavy duty rear bumper cover that fits over the painted one. It was also a great mod to do. I think cost was about $80+
Manny

Rear bumper cover??? My Rav4 came with a heavy duty black plastic rear bumper cover. Didn't yours?

I have a 50% discount up to $200 for parts, service and accessories from my dealer. What can I spend it on besides mudguards?

Wow the pair in the second link that John shared are only $28!
The first link that kiwiguy shared are $57.

Kiwi, Id love to see photos of how yours compare to John's. They both seem like they fit well. Are the $57 pair any better than the $28 par at doing their job?

jimbo69ny said:
Wow the pair in the second link that John shared are only $28!
The first link that kiwiguy shared are $57.

Kiwi, Id love to see photos of how yours compare to John's. They both seem like they fit well. Are the $57 pair any better than the $28 par at doing their job?

Read the reviews on amazon...missing parts, screws too small. I'll go with the more expensive Toyota parts.

Here are some photos of the Toyota mudguards. They seem longer in the back and front. They keep the sides cleaner, especially now we are getting "weather" in CA.

Front
2014-10-28%2B16.49.07.jpg

Front
2014-10-28%2B16.58.54.jpg

Back
2014-10-28%2B16.51.30.jpg

Thanks kiwiguy,
I ordered the genuine Toyota mudguards. The pictures you posted sold me.

Back