Whats the best all weather cargo liner?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo69ny

I will soon be purchasing a Rav EV and I am looking for a solution to cover as much of the back as possible. For me, the back seats will be down most of the time because I will be using the vehicle for work. Ill be moving wood, dishwashers, tools, landscaping stuff, plumbing stuff, you name it. I own rental properties and I am always moving something. I dont have any kids and rarely take passengers so the seats in my PIP have been down 95% of the time since I purchased that car 2 years ago.

Do you guys know of an all weather mat that would cover the cargo area and the back of the seats? If not, what have you used?

Thanks!!

Weathertech makes a great liner for the trunk (and floormats too). Make sure you get the 2006-2012 RAV4 fit. Great customer service and US made. If you need something to cover your seat, perhaps just a canvas draping?

If I cant find a something to cover the entire area I was thinking of a Husky, weathertech or toyota rubber all weather cargo liner and some cheap industrial style carpeting to cover the back of the seats.

+1 for weathertec but it will not cover the seats folded down. I rarely carry anything that large in my RAV. Although I did have a cluster mailbox in the other month. I used a carpet remnant to cover the seats that one time.

I would tend to recommend a hitch and small trailer for doing this stuff all the time. More and more I hire out these jobs that need to move big stuff. Most tools and supplies fit nicely in the cargo area with the seats up normal for me.

I have factory Toyota liners in my cargo area. Same for floor mats. Nice for the winter in Colorado. I bought the car used with them already so don't know how much they cost.

reeler said:
I have factory Toyota liners in my cargo area. Same for floor mats. Nice for the winter in Colorado. I bought the car used with them already so don't know how much they cost.
I think the carpeted mats with the embroidered EV logos are included with all the cars.

miimura said:
reeler said:
I think the carpeted mats with the embroidered EV logos are included with all the cars.
They arent included per say because you do have to pay for them but yes, they are usually included in most cars, whether you want them or not.

The standard carpet ones arent good enough for me. I want to have the rubber/plastic ones that are all weather.

I have a simular problem except I just want to cover the seat backs and the small forward well. I remove the rear well cover and put my bike fork mount part way down in the well. Home Depot has some thin flexible carpeting that might work for me. Right now I'm using a very old and thin mattress pad to keep the area clean.

https://plus.google.com/photos/1054...6032719692665893922&oid=105438863774656918574

Hope this link works.

damn this thing is close, but instead of for dogs, they need to be utility !!

http://www.autoanything.com/cargo-liners/60A2325A0A0A2661413.aspx?kc=ffprod&kpid=10162-2325-2661413&k_clickid=685483c6-dcab-0b68-53ff-000058da2121&k_trackingid=274x&k_clickid=685483c6-dcab-0b68-53ff-000058da2121&k_trackingid=274x1008&gclid=CN3tsP3b8r8CFStk7AodghAAMA

branstone said:
damn this thing is close, but instead of for dogs, they need to be utility !!

http://www.autoanything.com/cargo-liners/60A2325A0A0A2661413.aspx?kc=ffprod&kpid=10162-2325-2661413&k_clickid=685483c6-dcab-0b68-53ff-000058da2121&k_trackingid=274x&k_clickid=685483c6-dcab-0b68-53ff-000058da2121&k_trackingid=274x1008&gclid=CN3tsP3b8r8CFStk7AodghAAMA

Yes! these would be perfect if they were rubber!!!

Someone make them, pretty please!!!

jimbo69ny said:
abs said:
Here you go:
http://www.covercraft.com/cargo_area_liners_custom.html#.U-wwRIBdVP9
Thats perfect! I wish it was rubber but I think thats the best solution so far!
Has anyone ordered one of these yet? It looks like the 2012 RAV cover is PCL6205GY (for gray). The fold out bumper flap looks pretty slick too (especially for folks with big dogs).

I just bought one off eBay about an hour ago. Ilk take photos once it arrives.

I went with black husky liner floor mats and this gray cargo liner.

jimbo69ny said:

I'm considering the WeatherTech floor mat for the rear seat floor, and trying to decide between the CoverCraft and the Toyota cargo area cover. The Toyota one looks nicer, but the CoverCraft has the bumper cover flap...
http://www.amazon.com/Cargo-Liner-2006-2012-Toyota-Rav4-New/dp/B0099YABNE

lemketron said:
jimbo69ny said:

I'm considering the WeatherTech floor mat for the rear seat floor, and trying to decide between the CoverCraft and the Toyota cargo area cover. The Toyota one looks nicer, but the CoverCraft has the bumper cover flap...
http://www.amazon.com/Cargo-Liner-2006-2012-Toyota-Rav4-New/dp/B0099YABNE

Yes those are nice but they are totally different than this one. Those are rubber all weather mats that don't cover the back of the seat. The covercraft is fabric and covers everything. It just depends on what you need and what you plan to do with the car.

I want everything covered and I don't plan on putting wet objects in it. If I do it is waterproof but the water won't be contained like the rubber ones. But I regularly leave my back seats down to move tools, lumber, copper, and other materials. For me, this one should be perfect.

Khaihon said:
Weathertech makes a great liner for the trunk (and floormats too). Make sure you get the 2006-2012 RAV4 fit. Great customer service and US made. If you need something to cover your seat, perhaps just a canvas draping?

Weathertech = Great customer service?!?! I have the Weathertech digital fit floor mats for my RAV4 EV and the cargo cover. They all fit great. Good product, but they don't cover the back of the seats. I will NEVER recommend Weathertech to anyone for anything. I bought an $80 custom fit sun shade from them and it was anything but custom. They have the worst customer service! While trying to find their corporate address to write the CEO a letter (which he never responded to), I found a whole bunch of people complaining about how crappy their customer service is. I like my floor mats, but the company sucks rocks. You should try look at all the negative comments people have about the color being wrong or things that are supposed to be custom requiring lots of cutting when the product arrives.

I ordered one of the covercraft cargo liners off ebay for $77 with free shipping and it arrived over night!!! I ordered it one day around 3pm and the next day it was here. I wish everything arrived that quickly!

I dont have my Rav yet but once I do I will take some photos and post them.

I wanted to post photos of the Cover craft rear cargo liner I just installed in my new Rav4.
IMAG1804_zpsx1kzjqmh.jpg

IMAG1805_zpshik1wpzt.jpg

IMAG1806_zpssziwikvy.jpg

IMAG1807_zpscmtu9kly.jpg

I obviously went with gray and I am happy with that decision even though I went with black Husky liner floor mats.

I bought the cargo liner from a seller on ebay for $77.

I think it was definitely worth the money but there are a few things you should know before you buy one.
1. My dog crate slides around in the back even with my 26 lb Brittany in the back. Kind of annoying but I dislike when things are sliding back and forth in my car every turn, its just a pet peeve of mine.
20140903_164948_Android_zps469d3e5d.jpg

2. Im not sure about the straps that go around the headrest. You have to remove the headrests to fully flatten the rear cargo area. So that means there isnt anything there to hold the strap. I tucked the strap under the plastic piece that holds the headrest but it isnt ideal. Its manageable though.
3. If you use the in floor cargo areas this will make it hard to access them. The liner uses the tie downs to stay put. I opted not to tie it to the driver side rear most eyeloop so I had access to the rear in floor cargo area.

All in all, I am glad I bought it. It seems waterproof and it covers everything well. Id recommend it.

Back