First Rav4 EV with Power Seat (I think)

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly RAV4 EV

I was thinking about this for over a year and I finally got around to doing it. I installed a leather drivers side power seat with power lumbar. I purchased a complete set of seats from my local junk yard out of a wrecked 2012 RAV4 (ICE). I thought it was going to be a plug and play but I was so wrong. It's in it works I'm happy with it but I would never do it again. I'm assuming at this point in time I'm the only one with a RAV4 ev with power seat!

1740608_orig.jpg

Philly RAV4 EV said:
I was thinking about this for over a year and I finally got around to doing it. I installed a leather drivers side power seat with power lumbar. I purchased a complete set of seats from my local junk yard out of a wrecked 2012 RAV4 (ICE). I thought it was going to be a plug and play but I was so wrong. It's in it works I'm happy with it but I would never do it again. I'm assuming at this point in time I'm the only one with a RAV4 ev with power seat!

Great job!

What problems did you run into ?

I have this on my TODO list ;-)

First you have to run a 12v line to the seat, that was the easy part. What I didn't know was that the seat heaters are made specifically for the Rav Ev. The (Ice) seat heaters don't work on the EV, that's the hard part. I had to disassemble booth sets of seats and switch out the heaters. The (Ice) heaters are rated at 30 watts, the EV's are rated at 25 watts and have more connections going to them because under the seat there is a interface module that connects to them. You also need the (Ice) pigtail that runs from under the carpet to the seat, it has an extra connector which you will need to attach the new 12v line to.

Philly RAV4 EV said:
First you have to run a 12v line to the seat, that was the easy part. What I didn't know was that the seat heaters are made specifically for the Rav Ev. The (Ice) seat heaters don't work on the EV, that's the hard part. I had to disassemble booth sets of seats and switch out the heaters. The (Ice) heaters are rated at 30 watts, the EV's are rated at 25 watts and have more connections going to them because under the seat there is a interface module that connects to them. You also need the (Ice) pigtail that runs from under the carpet to the seat, it has an extra connector which you will need to attach the new 12v line to.

Thanks!

That is correct. I actually thought about using the existing (ice) seat heaters and mount a separate switch on the side of the seats to turn them on. It would have saved me a whole lot of time and aggrevation. But I didn't want to give up the factory touch switches.

Philly RAV4 EV said:
That is correct. I actually thought about using the existing (ice) seat heaters and mount a separate switch on the side of the seats to turn them on. It would have saved me a whole lot of time and aggrevation. But I didn't want to give up the factory touch switches.

Can I ask how much you paid for the seats ?

I was looking off and on for over a year on eBay and other sites and the drivers seat alone were selling between $300 to $450 not including shipping which averaged around $150. I happened to check my local junk yard 2 weeks ago and they had a wrecked 2012 Rav and the drivers seat was for sale for $300 but I talked him down to $250. After I took it home I decided to get the rest of the seats so everything would match. He sold me the back seats for $150 and the passenger front for $75. For a total of $475 if I bought everything separate on the Internet with shipping it would have been over $1000. I new I wouldn't find a better deal so I bought everything. Best thing is to check your local junk yards.

Can you post a picture of the rear seats? They look great, are they grey or white? (It's hard to tell from the picture)

Back