40A DIY L2 OpenEVSE for sale

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

I have retired from building OpenEVSE's but Tony had a black friday special on a 25 foot 40A J1772 cable at about $45 off so I purchased one. I had all of the other parts on hand so the price is low.

This consists of an OpenEVSE DIY ver 2 main board, a dual voltage supply, a 12V relay board to drive the 240V contactor, a RGB, RTC display with red and green display modes, a multi function display that displays voltage, current, power, and KWH, a used 50A 4 wire range cable with a molded 14-50 plug, and GFCI, and current coils. Thai is mounted in a 6X6X4 inch electrical junction box.

This unit has the Real Time Clock for delayed charging. The firmware is ver 3.10.4. This is a L2 240VAC only unit

The price is very low since I purchased the input power cable at the TRW swap meet and the display has no blue. It still works fine since charging is normally teal, standby is violet, and setup is white. They all have at least two colors enabled so setup is yellow, charging is green, and standby is red. It is still better than a monochrome display.

This unit is $340 and shipping is $25. Local pickup near Disneyland is available. If you are local I will be happy to demo the unit charging my Mercedes B Class Electric Drive
This is sold ASIS but I guarantee it will work upon receipt. Payment is cash for local pickup or Paypal if I ship the unit.

I shamelessly took this from vegasbrad's ad. It is a good idea to emphise the details. I have always depended on my user's common sense.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Because of lawyers I have to add this. This EVSE is intended for use ONLY by responsible adults. Because they are hand-made, they are not UL listed - but are made from UL listed parts. 240v electricity is serious business and caution should be exercised while using any EVSE. For safety's sake, do not use this EVSE outdoors in inclement weather unless it is a model that specifically says Outdoor or Waterproof. This EVSE has a GFCI built inside that protects from that point down line. (The J plug side of the the EVSE is safe for outdoors in all weather). BY PLACING AN ORDER WITH US, YOU ASSUME ALL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH USING THIS EVSE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THEIR USE.

Back