32A OpenEVSE with RTC for sale

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

I listed a OpenEVSE unit for sale on the Mercedes B forum.

Many times it is not accessible so instead of a link I am posting directly.

I build OpenEVSE units when I can get a good price. In this case I purchased a used ChargePoint (Yazaki) 24 foot #10 condusctor 30A cable from eBay for $100.

This is a 32A unit at L2 240V and with the proper adapter it can be used at 120V. It consists of a blue display with a real time clock, a DIY OpenEVSE ver 2 main board, An 80A rated relay ( the same as a JuiceBox), 12V Power supply, 5V regulator, 4 foot 40A range cable with a 14-50 plug, a 3 MOV protection and power distribution board, a 4 display multi meter, and GFCI and current coils. It is mounted in a NEMA case but it is intended for inside use. The display is not waterproof.

This unit has firmware 3.10.4 loaded with the RTC menu enabled.

It can charge any J1772 car at up to 32A. This is 80% of Tesla's 40A and it will certainly charge over night at reduced rates. I have used it to charge my B Class to test it.

This unit requires a 40A circuit. 32A is 80% of 40A.

This unit is for sale ASIS but I guarantee it will work upon receipt. The price is $350 plus $25 if I ship out the unit in the USA.

Payment is cash for local pickup near Disneyland or Paypal if I ship the unit.

I shamelessly took this from vegasbrad's add. It is a good idea to emphise the details. I have always depended on my user's common sense.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Because of lawyers I have to add this. This EVSE is intended for use ONLY by responsible adults. Because they are hand-made, they are not UL listed - but are made from UL listed parts. 240v electricity is serious business and caution should be exercised while using any EVSE. For safety's sake, do not use this EVSE outdoors in inclement weather unless it is a model that specifically says Outdoor or Waterproof. This EVSE has a GFCI built inside that protects from that point down line. (The J plug side of the the EVSE is safe for outdoors in all weather). BY PLACING AN ORDER WITH US, YOU ASSUME ALL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH USING THIS EVSE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THEIR USE.

Back