Headrest Embroidery

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosier

Ever since I bought my Rav4 Ev a couple of months ago I felt the interior was nice, but it didn't have that Wow Factor!

At first I considered seat covers. When I bought my Nissan LEAF six years ago it came with WHITE seats! I covered those right away with Wet Okole seat covers. I really like Wet Okoles but they didn't seem right for the Rav4 Ev.

Somehow my thoughts turned to dressing up the seats I already have. Remember when Pontic Firebirds came with embroidered headrests? Maybe I could do that on the RAV? No not a Firebird, but something simpler like the Toyota EV logo. Add a little color to the bland gray and white.

I checked Google and found a local Mom and Pop Embroidery business near where I live. They did mostly hats, t-shirts stuff like that and never attempted a headrest. We emailed pictures back and forth, and they asked if I could drop off the headrest covers.

They charged me $40 to design the logo and do a test sewing. It looked great! It's hard to tell in this picture, but the E is blue and the V is silver. The silver really pops! So I said "Lets do it"! Two days later I picked up the headrests and reinstalled them on my RAV. What do you think? I think they turned out awesome!

All total they charged me $60 to do the job.

If anyone else would like to get their headrest done. They will only charge $15 each.

Or maybe you might want to design you're own personal logo. Tony could put Quick Charge Power's logo on his! :lol:

The name of the business where I had mine done is:

Big Sky Logos & Embroidery
Antioch, CA
[email protected]
925-778-3452 Office
925-366-3413 Cell

http://www.bigskylogos.com

That looks really sharp! I checked our headrest covers and discovered the rather simply elegant fastening method used to close the cover on the underside. The one cover I examined has a sewn segment that prevents the fabric from being pushed off the headrest. Is it necessary to cut that portion and/or remove it in order to get the cover off?

The sewn segment on the bottom comes apart like a button. One side of the fabric slips into a hole in the center of the other side of the fabric. It slides off pretty easy after that. If you click on the above picture it will take you to more pictures showing what the cover looks like off the head rest.

Back