Removing a Jdemo?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ev_Bob

Greetings All,

In the event one were to install a JDemo him/herself - is it fairly straight forward on removing the unit? Assuming it took someone 4 hours to install one, how long would it take to remove it?

After removing it, would there be any indications the Rav4 EV had a Jdemo installed?

Thanks!

Ev_Bob said:
In the event one were to install a JDemo him/herself - is it fairly straight forward on removing the unit?
If you follow the guide Tony made for dealers working on rav4ev's with JDemo: yes
Assuming it took someone 4 hours to install one, how long would it take to remove it?
If you don't have the experience: probably longer than that ;-)
After removing it, would there be any indications the Rav4 EV had a Jdemo installed?

The protection plastic underneath the car has a hole cut to fit the connection box where the charge wires are connected to the high voltage system. That hole will be there when you look under the car, so yes: if you know where to look, you will be able to see if it ever had a JDemo installed. If you want to wipe all tracks, you could replace that piece and nobody would ever know

The important thing is whether you still have the original battery junction cover. The JdeMO install removes that cover and installs a milled aluminum part in its place so the new HVDC cables can enter the junction and connect in a sealed space.

There is also a sheetmetal plate that the heater mounts to that is removed when Jdemo is installed. I made sure to keep my original parts when Tony installed my Jdemo, just in case.

Back