Dec 2014 sales Rav4 EV - "37" Production Ended Aug 2014

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dianne said:
I'm not certain if cars sold that don't need to be registered formally are being figured in here such as cars sold to municipalities.

The last and final 2013 out of the plant is (one of) mine here at #2309. Pearl white.

The lowest #2014 ends 2311. The highest 2014 vin# yet is 2381 (blue) - also mine.

Dianne

It is data from Toyota for USA sales. There's no differentiation for leases or sales, or who bought or leased it, or which state they were registered in.

Do you have that data for the 2011/2012 crossover.

Just 28 units sold in December. That's got to be the lowest monthly total. Time to bring back the real incentives?

They can't sell too many as they need the parts to fix existing EVs based on the long wait times people seem to be reporting!

I wonder if we'll see a slight bump in Rav4 EV sales for January and until the rest of the ActiveE leases run out.

I've noticed a # of former ActiveE drivers have jumped ship over the Rav4 EV once they returned their ActiveE. It seems like the i3's price and crazy lease prices we've seen have turned some of them off.

January 2014 was only good for 63 units according to InsideEVs. An improvement over 28 in December, but still below the "run rate" that they need. Toyota may have to increase the lease cash a little more...

Toyota better sell out before the Kia Soul EV arrives. It has similar interior room and range. Most importantly, it comes from a quality car manufacturer that plans more than compliance.

reeler said:
Toyota better sell out before the Kia Soul EV arrives. It has similar interior room and range. Most importantly, it comes from a quality car manufacturer that plans more than compliance.

The last direct quote that I heard from Kia wasn't hopeful. But, they are going to sell it in Denver (not a CARB state)!!!

Or maybe Mercedes will move into this segment with their Tesla powered B-Class, supposed to show up in North America later this year:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/mercedes-benz/b-class/first-drives/mercedes-benz-b-class-electric-drive-prototype-first-d

snoltor said:
Or maybe Mercedes will move into this segment with their Tesla powered B-Class, supposed to show up in North America later this year
Soul has CHAdeMO. B-Class has no DCFC at all. Just the same 10kW AC charger as the RAV. It will be interesting to see the EPA range of each of these cars though.

Yeah lack of quick charging is, at best, puzzling. The autocar article estimates range of about 90 miles from the 28 kWh battery.

miimura said:
snoltor said:
Or maybe Mercedes will move into this segment with their Tesla powered B-Class, supposed to show up in North America later this year
Soul has CHAdeMO. B-Class has no DCFC at all. Just the same 10kW AC charger as the RAV. It will be interesting to see the EPA range of each of these cars though.

I'm with you Tony. I don't use the emoticons but could have used something there to indicate sarcasm.

TonyWilliams said:
It's not puzzling at all. Mercedes is doing the exact same thing Toyota has done with Rav4 EV.

Looks like a lot left to sell by year end. Maybe I can talk DW into a RAV as lease incentives increase.
How many are sitting on the lots? Will Toyota even have the rest on hand by year end?

if the $2500 california credit is gone, that is a big price increase to most people. it looks like the incentive is the same, so they will probably sell less than 40 next month.

smkettner said:
Looks like a lot left to sell by year end. Maybe I can talk DW into a RAV as lease incentives increase.
How many are sitting on the lots? Will Toyota even have the rest on hand by year end?

Looks like the price for the unlimited miles 3 year lease went up $20/month.

Back