Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Entune won't connect to my Rav4 EV
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:48 am 

Just got a call back from support. They were checking to be sure EnTune was working for me. They said that is was some sort of regional network issue for what that's worth.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:31 am 

Interesting. Whatever the issue it's still persisting for some of my users, so I guess those Entune guys have more "regions" to fix.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:30 am 

There's a guy (Percy) at Tech support who was incredibly helpful to us. He seems to have found the problem, and while I know what it was, it's hit or miss as to who did the database entry wrong in the national database that tells Telematics and Entune what VINs are good, and what are not.

Incidentally, your audio and NAV are described this way on the MSRP:
NAV w/Entune App Suite & EV Apps:Backup Cam, 6 Spkrs, 90day Trial for SXMRadio; 3yr Trial for SXM NavT, NavW,Sprts/Stcks; HD Radio,Aux Jack,USB Port,Vehicle Info, Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone& Music Streaming, Adv Voice Recognition3.5" TFT EV Multi-information Display

949-689-0717 cell
310-522-2317 office
In my garage:
2013 Rav4 EV Blue #2030 & 2014 Rav4 EV blue #3473
2012 Prius PlugIn
My son is a USMC Sergeant & am SO proud of him!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:25 am 

I have 2014 EV and with same issues. Toyota upgraded the f/w and but still will not show any update on battery or battery status. Per Toyota, it's a known issue with iPhone application. Still not able to connect remotely on RAV for battery state or climate.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:39 pm 

I've got the same thing going here..... Picked up our Rav on the 25th. Signed up properly, downloaded the app, etc. Spoke with Safety Connect last week to make sure they have all my correct info. Still no Power management, ECO Dash, Remote Climate. Vehicle Finder, Charging Station Map sort of work.

I thought perhaps it's my older phone. It is on the list, and is shown as a "not sure if it works" phone. Even if the System does not work with my phone, you would think I should still at least get the emails!

Called in today and spoke with The Entune Group. The girl there told me only Blackberrys work with Entune and that the EV communications are from Select Connect. (I said not true) She transferred me to them. The girl at Select Connect said this is a Toyota customer Service issue and transferred me there. Cust. Care promptly put me on hold to Chat with Select Connect. After 10 min, came back and said to continue holding while they talk with a tech. 8 more minutes and she comes back to say that according to the Toyota Tech, the EV reporting, emailing, etc, only comes from a vehicle plugged into the Leviton Charger. (Which I don't have....) I asked to talk to the tech and was told that is not possible.

I feel like I've called into a Government agency instead of Toyota!

Any thoughts? Confirmations? (besides take it to the dealer....)

Thanks!

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:01 pm 

The Entune e-mail notification system is totally independent of what kind of phone you have. The "Leviton Only" information is hogwash. You need to continue to escalate the issue until you get to somebody like "Percy" referenced above that actually knows something about the EV features. I had a similar difficulty when Entune notified me that somebody else registered my car in Entune and my EV Apps were disabled.

Bottom line, your car is not correctly entered in their system and they have to fix it on their end. You may have to go back to the dealer to have them escalate it through Toyota. Try to find the Customer Service Manager at your dealership if you go that route.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:10 pm 

Electric Laguna wrote:
The girl there told me only Blackberrys work with Entune...
Just about everything they told you (especially this laughable bit) is a lie. Your phone communicates with Entune through standard web protocols that any smart phone should be able to handle, but if there's any doubt you can sign up for a free trial of RavCharge and I can confirm for you whether or not there's any data coming through.

The issue is completely on their end. Like miimura said, you need to track down someone like this "Percy" that Dianne referenced who won't just give you the run-around. I'd call Dianne for assistance getting in touch with him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:04 am 

Dianne is already on it.

It appears that there are a couple other guys in the same boat today....

Will keep you all posted.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:12 am 

No Entunes connect for my 2014 either.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:18 am 

You might want to check your heater. When my heater went, the GOM went nuts too. Now I replaced heater and DC to DC converter, GOM is back to being accurate again

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next