EnTune Registration says my VIN is INVALID???

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lofreco

Just picked up my new 2014 Rav4 EV.

When I try to register for EnTune through the App or through the EnTune website, it tells me my VIN is INVALID.

My Allstate insurance agent also can not find the VIN in the insurance database.

I do know these are made in Canada, and all other Rav4s are made in Japan. So, not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with the VIN and EnTune??

Please message me.

I would give it a few days or a week before you worry.
Took 10 days for my entune to connect.

I would not count on any magic. You need to call the Entune department at the Toyota Customer Center and report the problem. 800-331-4331
Either that or call the dealer's customer service rep and have them escalate it for you.

To be more fair here, it didn't take 10 days. Once we got proper tech help, it was fast!
That 10 days was so filled with idiotic tech help half-speak nutty advice that it was entertaining, albeit frustrating..
I'd put the crazy assed nonsense I have heard from many of you that YOU have heard from the tech help folks but it's too embarrassing and unbelievable to post. I love to add that to my FB page because it's good for a laugh though.
In the case of this original poster, he purchased from a dealership with very little hands-on experience with EVs and the common possible problems with the technology surrounding the EVs. To compound the problem, their customer relations manager wasn't skilled enough to know what to do. I feel his pain. Mine's not either. It takes time, with all of the models we make and all of the challenges that there CAN be with certain cars.

In the case of this original poster, Lofreco, he's now in great hands and his problem will be solved soon.
The double side sword thing is that every time I step in and fix things I have no responsibility TO fix, it doesn't teach his selling dealer a damn thing except to hope he finds resolution on a message board or learns to live w/o his Entune.
My helping helps him, that's a good thing. But, that dealership will continue selling EVs and not have a clue how to resolve a problem with one. That's sad.

smkettner said:

Dianne said:
To be more fair here, it didn't take 10 days. Once we got proper tech help, it was fast!
That 10 days was so filled with idiotic tech help half-speak nutty advice that it was entertaining, albeit frustrating..

smkettner said:

I did not realize you had a hand in getting my Entunes to connect. Thank you again for your assistance. ;)

I was just trying to express to give the technicians a break. We expect everything instant these days.
No complaints from me. I made no special efforts or phone calls. Signed up Feb 26, first email Mar 7 for charge interruption.

I am on day 5, and just spoke to Toyota case manager. They are still confused why I am getting an INVALID VIN message when I try to sign up for EnTune, both on the app and the website.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is getting frustrating.

smkettner said:
Maybe an "O" vs "0" during input?
Not much room for confusion because it's pretty obvious that the last six positions are numeric. There are no other positions that have either Oh or Zero in a RAV4 EV VIN.

It's not him.
It's Entune/Safety connect's fault. Data entry f*cked up (it's not the first time) so I have him in contact with someone who knows exactly what the problem is but he's not being patient enough ... and that's not entirely his fault because his selling dealership wasn't proactive enough to get in someone's face immediately when things were not right.

smkettner said:
Maybe an "O" vs "0" during input?

Back