Cracked turn signal plastic on passenger-side mirror

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschatfische

My wife brushed a wall today in the RAV. Luckily, the only damage was to the clear plastic on the outside of the passenger-side rear-view mirror, which cracked and is mostly gone. (The rest of the mirror is fine, and the turn signal bulb still works despite being exposed.)

I'd try to replace this myself, but I understand this is a Korean Camry part (?!) and can't figure out what part this is or how to source this. Any advice regarding sourcing the part or what I should do with the mirror repair would be appreciated.

From my experience in this area, when my canoe broke of my drivers side mirror (long story), the only replacement part is the whole mirror assembly.
When I spoke to the dealer last summer they said the good news is that it only costs $500. The bad news is that there were none to be had.
I also searched online and while the online prices were better, like $250, they also had none in stock.
I wound up gluing the bracket back together and it has been working just fine since.

Maybe they are now in stock and maybe you can find them online now so they are not a small fortune. But I think you have to buy the whole mirror assembly. It might be best to try to locate one at a salvage yard.

Thankfully, I'm not on the hook for $500. The dealer was able to order just the turn signal assembly for the mirror, I picked it up today for $30. Looks like it's snap-in if I can get access.

The part number was 81730-52100. Looks like the 2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrids got the same side mirrors we did, so availability is likely better now.

Got it. Not as easy as I hoped (you need to remove the mirror, the actuator motor, and then the outside cover to be able to remove the turn signal assembly), but everything's back in place and like new again.

Back