Latest firmware? Tesla-1.3.101, Nav-VB503200, GPS-6/1/13

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ravisekhar said:
After the upgrade to version 1.3.83 my car is showing 124 miles on a regular charge. Doesn't sound right as it is supposed to show only a max of 103 miles as per understanding.

No, there's not a GOM limit. I've shown 207 miles.

Again, as is frequently pointed out, that has little to do with how far the Rav4 EV will actually go.

Good News for us out of state folks, tomorrow I have an a appointment set to bring in my car for the latest firmware/software updates. I set this up with Kevin Spillane (Toyota Customer rep for the Rav4EV) and this service will be performed by one of Toyota's roaming techs. I have to say that Mr Spillane has been quite a gentleman a pleasure to work with as well. Will keep you posted...

updates.jpg

Happy Earth Day Folks!
I am also happy to report that the software/firmware (Reprogram Power Management Control ECU and EV Gateway Control ECU) updated have been done again the service was performed by the traveling toyota tech in under 1 hour at my local Toyota dealer (Toyota of Morristown, New Jersey) here on the east coast.

Airton

Philly RAV4 EV asks: "Did the Tech. give you any other info. on the Rav, such as if major repairs need to be done would that be a problem?"

He did say that the Tesla drive train repairs can be done if needed but I would have to go thru the proper channels. I wish I had more time to talk to him but I was in a hurry to get back to the office.
My guess is that if your car has over 10000 miles on it without any drive train issues you are good to go, please correct me if I'm wrong people. Again I also want to make it clear that my car has had 0 issues prior to the updates and after.

Airton

Airton,

How did you coorindate this? Did you contact Kevin first to set it up or did you go to your local dealer and ask for your "scheduled mx" and then go back and forth with Kevin after the local dealer opened a "case" for you? I was under the impression you couldn't really talk to Kevin without first opening a "case" at the local dealer.

I am not sure how receptive they would be to me coming back with my car again after last time... I got the .79 firmware update back in Dec after getting some help from Kevin but would love to get the .83 (especially since it seems pretty stable at this point) and am just about due for my 1 yr service. Everyone was very non-commital about any future updates after I got the .79 update done in Dec.

Cheers.

Hi there, I called Toyota first (1-800-331-4331 ) started a case. I asked for the T-SB-0010-14 EV System Software Update to be performed on my car and let them know I was outside of California then within a 48hrs Kevin Spillane reached out to me (he is a pleasure to work with btw). Kevin then setup the appointment with my dealer of choice. everything was complete in about 2 weeks.

Saúde,
Airton

Just as a side note to this thread, I just picked up my 2012 RAV4 EV from servicing Toyota dealer and was told "VB503150" is still the latest software version as indicated on the center console display. I argued that "VB503200" should be the latest version. The Service Writer said "nope, VB503150 is the latest". The OP to this thread says the latest version is "VB305200", but I have no access to any actual documentation or applicable TSB (from Toyota) to prove that "VB503200" is the latest version. So, I have no way to convince my servicing dealer he must be mistaken.

Comments?

drmanny3 said:
Go to page 4 of this post and you will see the TSB.
Manny
T-SB-00010-14 shown on that forum page covers the Power Management Control ECU and Gateway ECU (firmware 1.3.83). It does not cover the NAV update.

I didn't realize he was asking for documentation or a TSB on the latest Navigation software version. Much of the discussion has centered around the latest firmware. Also, I did not think that the navigation software is upgraded unless you pay for it.

drmanny3 said:
I didn't realize he was asking for documentation or a TSB on the latest Navigation software version. Much of the discussion has centered around the latest firmware. Also, I did not think that the navigation software is upgraded unless you pay for it.
My understanding is that there are separate updates for the firmware that runs the NAV screen and the actual GPS Maps data. You will notice that the vehicle charging timers and such are programmed through the NAV screen, so there is much more to it than a typical vehicle GPS NAV system.

Joe_EV, in a previous post here you displayed a description of your service order invoice, but only the section about the firmware update for the Gateway ECU. Further down, was additional description about your NAV software update, but it was cutoff before stating any details. What version was installed?

I just had my 2012 RAV4 EV in for service and was told that VB503150 is the latest version for the NAV software. Other members here have said that VB503200 is the latest version, which I tend to believe is more accurate information. Please advise. TIA.

Dsinned said:
...your NAV software update, but it was cutoff before stating any details. What version was installed?
The service report didn't include the number, but it is VB503150. That was two months ago though. Any idea what the differences between 3150 and 3200 are?

nav-version.jpg

Is there a way for we consumers to such the updates? At the bottom of that photo is the "Update Software" button but when you push it, it looks for a flash drive attachment. Any ideas?

jocaroth said:
Is there a way for we consumers to such the updates? At the bottom of that photo is the "Update Software" button but when you push it, it looks for a flash drive attachment. Any ideas?
I could be wrong, but I believe that is for the map updates only, which you can purchase from a Toyota dealer for something like $170. (That's more than the price for an entire new Garmin/TomTom/etc. dashboard GPS device, after which those companies will sell you updates for $50 each or $90 lifetime. I rely on the Google Maps app on my phone myself.)

I am using a 3rd party "paid" subscription for automotive service bulletins called "Mitchell1 DIY". Here's the link to their website.

http://www.eautorepair.net/Marketing/default.asp?VID=&Count=Y

Toyota's RAV4 EV is supported and there are several applicable bulletins I have found there. Such as:

T-SB-0082-13 Rev1, issued 09-06-2013: CHARGE SCHEDULE FUNCTION INOPERATIVE INTERMITTENTLY . . . related to Toyota NAV S/W update VB503150
T-SB-0010-14, issued 02-10-2014: EV SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATE . . . related to Tesla F/W update 1.3.83
T-SB-0043-13 Rev1, issued 02-11-2014: RAV4 EV ECU FLASH REPROGRAMMING PROCEDURE . . . procedure to do Tesla related "Health Check"

I just looked for anything related to another bulletin to substantiate NAV S/W update VB503200, but found nothing. Of course, it is possible that S/W update was issued since the last update to this particular website. The TSBs there appear to be current up to February 2014.

Before anyone asks, the TSBs on this website can be printed out, but not cut and pasted and thus seem to be e-file "copy protected".

Just got my car back from its 10k service.

"PERFORMED POWERTRAIN SOFTWARE UPDATE TESLA" no TSB or firmware rev number given.
"PERFORMED CHARGING MANAGEMENT UPDATE, 896B34201500, 896B54201300" no TSB given, but modification sticker with these numbers was applied under the hood.
NAV system still shows VB503150, as it did before the service visit.

miimura said:
Just got my car back from its 10k service.

"PERFORMED POWERTRAIN SOFTWARE UPDATE TESLA" no TSB or firmware rev number given.
"PERFORMED CHARGING MANAGEMENT UPDATE, 896B34201500, 896B54201300" no TSB given, but modification sticker with these numbers was applied under the hood.
NAV system still shows VB503150, as it did before the service visit.
Miimura, if you have the printout for T-SB-0010-14, these two specific "896B . . . " numbers are referenced there, resulting in Calibration ID: "1.3.83", which should also be put on the sticker under the hood. My dealer did not even bother to apply a new sticker - even though I specifically told them this is a requirement of the update procedure, but these same identical numbers are referenced on the paperwork for the last service they did to my car. Ergo, I have concluded that my Tesla F/W most likely is at the latest level, i.e. 1.3.83.

Regarding the NAV S/W update, it would seem that VB503150 still remains the latest version. I do not know why some other owners cars reported on here were supposedly updated to NAV S?W version "VB503200" and ours were not!

Back