Do you live in NorCal and get an unlimited mileage lease?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evdrive

Hi All, I tried to get an unlimited mileage lease and the dealer said they don't exist in Northern California. So, I had to get the 15k mile a year lease which is the same price as the unlimited mile lease in SoCal. I'm unhappy about this because I'm driving my Rav 4 way more than 1500 miles a month. At this rate, I'll be way over on my allowed miles.

Thoughts? Anyone get an unlimited mile lease in the SF Bay Area?

I haven't heard of any local Northern California dealers offering the unlimited deal but I might be wrong. I leased from Dianne and had it shipped here. I've met several Nor Cal owners that were very disappointed not knowing that an unlimited mileage lease exists.

The unlimited mileage is what made this lease work for me. I'm on my way to 18k this year.

We have 2 leased with unlimited mileage, one from Magnussen Palo Alto and the other from Sunnyvale. They were the same price as the 15k. Perhaps your salesperson is not reading the fine print.

Thanks Tony and NTD.

I Leased from Toyota of Sunnyvale 2 + months ago and both the sales manager and the salesman said it was not offered. I showed them Dianes deals from this site and then they did some research and said it was SoCal only. Very disappointed. I am definitely going to get this fixed. Standard crappy sales experience.

I'll update this thread when I get some movement on this.

Hmmm, we leased from Toyota Sunnyvale starting 27-April and got unlimited mileage. They had to process it manually because the system wouldn't let them put it in, but we made sure all the right boxes were marked, per example from Dianne. PM me if you want to discuss, but you should be able to get them to change it, and it is certainly doable from their perspective. We did not think we would put more than the 15K pre-lease, but this has quickly become the "car of choice" with the entire family, so I now expect we'll go above.

Leased from Toyota of Fremont and did not get the unlimited mileage initially. However, when the car was in the shop for a month, we asked them to change the lease since we no longer believed we were going to keep the car. There was definitely some push back but we were able to make the change. The only issue was that the start date of the lease was also altered, which my wife did not pay attention to. Therefore, we're going to have to pay for another year of registration, which is probably worth it, considering we're at 16,000 miles after only 10 months with the car.

Ugh. I wish I knew about this forum before signing a lease for the Rav4 EV today. I got mine at Piercey Toyota in Milpitas without the unlimited mile. I had mentioned it was for 15,000 miles per year but I couldn't show any proof so I was stuck with a 12,000 per year. Where can I find the details for the unlimited mile lease?

Luckyduckie said:
I also leased from Sunnyvale back in Sept. of 2013, but I did get unlimited miles.
I also leased from Sunnyvale in Oct 2013 and was able to get the unlimited miles. It required some forcing since their system didn't allow it to be normally specified but they agreed it was possible and knew how to force it. Including hand-writing "n/a" on the lease where it states being charged for mileage in excess of X miles.

I got mine with unlimited miles in Walnut Creek. The sales guy was great named Rob Maggio, and the manager was well informed on EV cars, Stephen Fields.

I just leased a silver RAV4 EV from Auburn Toyota with unlimited mileage.
Very easy to deal with and they sorted out all the normal paperwork issues with unlimited miles.

Sales guy was Jeff Frank, and their EV expert is Brandon Gallawa.
http://www.auburntoyota.com/

This forum has been great for understanding the EV and gaining the confidence to get one.

Just picked one up this week.

Sunnyvale Toyota, dealt with Jeffery Lin Direct Sales and got the Unlimited mile lease but also talked to other sales and they said the same thing if you go for the 15k option.

Piercey Toyota in Milpitas, looked at me crazy when I asked for unlimited miles.

You'll see on the actual lease 15k miles and "N/A" for overage miles making it unlimited since there is no penalty.

Happy owner of a Blizzard White RAV EV!

Back